[fixed] Pictures : 1st transition sometimes buggy (1 Viewer)

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Pictures : 1st transition sometimes buggy

Ah yes, I didn't notice that you have entered your specs here. Thanks!

Baboonanza

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2010
    North London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'd be grateful if someone who can reproduce the problem could try this patch for me and see if it fixes it.

Cheers.

Attachments

• TextureAsset Extra Locking.patch
      10.9 KB

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Pictures : 1st transition sometimes buggy

Baboonanza, yesterday, the AccessViolation and those other problem I wrote you in the PM occured about every time here. Now, after my bugfixes in SVN, I cannot reproduce it any more. I guess we need to have to reproduce the situation where the same image is loaded multiple times at the same time, as the situation was before my bugfixes. Else, it doesn't make sense to try your patch.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Albert,

Take good note of your comment, i'll keep a version of the yesterday SVN on my hard disk to apply the patch on it only.

Maybe it could be interesting to create a branch without your last bugfix in order to debug the picture plugin... Or not...

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Pictures : 1st transition sometimes buggy

Albert,

Take good note of your comment, i'll keep a version of the yesterday SVN on my hard disk to apply the patch on it only.

Maybe it could be interesting to create a branch without your last bugfix in order to debug the picture plugin... Or not...

Yes, either that or we can create a test plugin to reproduce the problem; should be better for more reproducible results... It's up to Baboonanza.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    So...

I took the VirtualizingStackPanel as rev 3595 is in that branch (hard to find for me btw).

@rev 3600 : same error as the 1st one : TextureAssetCore.cs, line 286 : AccessViolationExeption Not Managed

@rev 3595 : TextureAssetCore Line 402 (Patch applied) / NullReferenceExeption not managed, where _fileSream is null

@rev 3595 + TextureAsset Extra Locking Patch : Seems really better. I played with it for about 15 minutes, loading randomely pictures, no errors directely due to the plugin.

Just one, that might be due to the skin engine and again a threading issue (I believe) :
    BindingMarkupExtension.cs / Line 586 : Collection has been modified, enumeration cannot been done (detail joined)

The picture show where the error was, and I'd like you to see how it work here, I don't know if you have the same rendering with your computers. Please have a look at the video.

Cheers.

Attachments

• where_error.jpg
      where_error.jpg
      257 KB
    • picture2.avi
      3.2 MB
    • error_detail.txt
      3.1 KB

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Pictures : 1st transition sometimes buggy

So...

I took the VirtualizingStackPanel as rev 3595 is in that branch (hard to find for me btw).

@rev 3600 : same error as the 1st one : TextureAssetCore.cs, line 286 : AccessViolationExeption Not Managed

@rev 3595 : TextureAssetCore Line 402 (Patch applied) / NullReferenceExeption not managed, where _fileSream is null

@rev 3595 + TextureAsset Extra Locking Patch : Seems really better. I played with it for about 15 minutes, loading randomely pictures, no errors directely due to the plugin.

Just one, that might be due to the skin engine and again a threading issue (I believe) :
    BindingMarkupExtension.cs / Line 586 : Collection has been modified, enumeration cannot been done (detail joined)

The picture show where the error was, and I'd like you to see how it work here, I don't know if you have the same rendering with your computers. Please have a look at the video.

Cheers.

Hehe, actually that branch is not finished yet, so it's normal that there are still problems. That branch also isn't related to this bug here, it's not the branch you mentioned earlier which should be created with the old trunk revision before my bugfixes of the image player.

Normally, branches are not for public testing except we say that explicitly. Branches are our means to develop new functionality or reworking existing functionality without bringing the trunk too much into an unstable state. When a branch is stable, after several quality checks, I merge it into the trunk.

But anyway, the branch was created from the newest trunk revision, so the texture-related statements taken by Smeulf are also related to the newest trunk.

The "Collection has been modified" problem is new and related to the actual rework in that branch; I'll check where the problem is.

Hehe, it feels like we have a "continuous integration" test Smeulf :) Very good! Other projects buy expensive software for that :)
    Your work helps really much, Smeulf. Thanks!

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Normally, branches are not for public testing except we say that explicitly.

To spesial patch special test ;) I usualy report only bugs on the trunk.

Hehe, it feels like we have a "continuous integration" test Smeulf :) Very good! Other projects buy expensive software for that :)

[JOKE] I am not a software ! I am a free(ware?) man ! [/JOKE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom