PiipTV: LiveTV & remote PVR for Nokia Video Center (2 Viewers)

manniainen

Portal Pro
April 18, 2008
Cubii,

I found reason why your streaming stops in 3min. It seems that you are using those quick test buttons?

It has been done so that quick test buttons are working only 3min -> those are just for testing / debug use. If you stream eg with phone or using stream link from WEB ui, those should work fine :)

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
Hi manniainen

LOL

But thats not realy true....

Tried it today another time

i changed nothing ( plugin (newest), mp, vlc all the same as yestarday) and now watching with test buttons works good, also longer than 3 min ( longest testing 16 min!).

But now (yestarday i didnt tried it) watching on phone is impossible. Did you changed the codec ? Because i could watch with previous version 3 minutes , than it stopded.

I tried setting wlan, pc, and the other but only on the last one i get a buffering info, but at 100% buffering i only get a green picture, then nothing. (also with lower videobitrate (128).

Keep in mind , i dont have nokia phone (SonyE)

Bye bye

manniainen

Portal Pro
April 18, 2008
Cubii,

From test buttons it depends what test button you press, two from left are using 3min time-out and next two not.

"i changed nothing ( plugin (newest), mp, vlc all the same as yestarday) and now watching with test buttons works good, also longer than 3 min ( longest testing 16 min!)."

Send me the log eg to piiptv@japo.fi and i will check that :)

"Did you changed the codec ? Because i could watch with previous version 3 minutes , than it stopded."
Yes defauld codec setting is now AVC video + AAC audio, previously it was mpeg4. You can also customize that from advanced settings if you want /need. Those are "normal" VLC streaming parameters.

"Keep in mind , i dont have nokia phone (SonyE)"

Ou, you need to definitely update Nokia N95 8gb :)

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
Ou, you need to definitely update Nokia N95 8gb

Nokia has to update his nokia n95 8gb than i would think about it! (and not only with DVB-H)

Will try to change the codec and play a liitle bit more with it!

:D

it would be very kind of you to give me the settings you used in first versions of piiptv:

Video codec: mp4v??

audio codec: mp4a?? or mp4a-latm??

Mediatype: mp4??

My phone can decode 3gp, mp4 realmedia as video

Thanks again and have a nice day

manniainen

Portal Pro
April 18, 2008
-New version 0.5.4.03 released! :D

Release content:
+"mouse on" help texts introduced
+PC specific identifier added to service install message so that you can use multiple piipTV services in your Video center, now you can use also your friend piipTV
+3G/WLAN/PC streaming profiles introduced, profiles can be changed from piipTV UI or from WEB UI.

ophth1

Portal Member
January 14, 2007
piiptv problems

Hi,
I've tried to use Piiptv and got some problems:
Installed is mediaportal RC1 and tvserver (+ svn latest build) and Piiptv 0.5.4.03 on a Vista sp1 ultimate system (32bit).
MP and Tv server work smoothly. With PiipTV the following problems occur:
- First test button (time shift streaming): ok
- Second test button (VCL output): does not work. Error: unrecognized format
- third test button( external ip): does not work.

The firewall is configured according to the instructions. The ports 8554 and 5050 are both reachable (confirmed by netstat). Furthermore, the web UI work fine.

Any idea what happens here? I've attached the log file....
Any help is greatly appreciated! thanks!!

and here some further logs from vcl trying to play rtsp stream:
main debug: adding playlist item `rtsp://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8554/ptv_zdf.sdp' ( rtsp://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8554/ptv_zdf.sdp )
main debug: creating new input thread
main debug: waiting for thread completion
main debug: thread 4600 (input) created at priority 1 (input/input.c:265)
main debug: `rtsp://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8554/ptv_zdf.sdp' gives access `rtsp' demux `' path `xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8554/ptv_zdf.sdp'
main debug: creating demux: access='rtsp' demux='' path='xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8554/ptv_zdf.sdp'
main debug: looking for access_demux module: 1 candidate
live555 debug: RTP subsession 'audio/MP4A-LATM'
live555 debug: RTP subsession 'video/MP4V-ES'
live555 error: RTSP PLAY failed PLAY: cannot handle response: RTSP/1.0 404 Not Found
main warning: no access_demux module matching "rtsp" could be loaded
main debug: creating access 'rtsp' path='xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8554/ptv_zdf.sdp'
main debug: looking for access2 module: 5 candidates
main debug: net: connecting to xx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 8554
main debug: connection in progress
access_realrtsp debug: rtsp connected
access_realrtsp warning: only real/helix rtsp servers supported for now
vcd debug: trying .cue file: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8554/ptv_zdf.cue
vcd debug: could not find .cue file
access_file warning: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8554/ptv_zdf.sdp: No such file or directory
cdda debug: trying .cue file: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8554/ptv_zdf.cue
cdda debug: could not find .cue file
cdda warning: could not open xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8554/ptv_zdf.sdp
main warning: no access2 module matching "rtsp" could be loaded
main error: no suitable access module for `rtsp://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8554/ptv_zdf.sdp'
main debug: thread times: real 0m27.618000s, kernel 0m0.015600s, user 0m0.000000s
main debug: thread 4600 joined (input/input.c:412)
main: nothing to play

adicl

June 11, 2008
Home Country
Luxembourg Luxembourg
piiptv / vlc feature request

Hello,
First of all I would like to thank you for your work on this great plugin which adds very nice new features to the excellent new tvserver :)

I know that the main target of your work is to provide iptv for mobile phones/devices, however I mainly use it from a PC together with VLC [thanks for the nice details included in the documentation on how to do this !!!]
The idea is that on some lower spec laptops I prefer using VLC [together with your plugin] as a tv client instead of mediaportal... Did I mention that "your way" I can watch tv also from Linux ? :))

The feature I like the most in your implementation is the way you implemented the rtsp://<tvserverip>:8554/ptv_<progname>.sdp streams, so when I change the stream url in VLC the tvserver will start timeshifting the new program !!! Using this feature together with the information from PiipTv.xml I was able to make for VLC a playlist containing all the programs, and this way the program changing from VLC becomes very easy.

I would like to suggest a few small changes which in my opinion would enhance the viewing with VLC and make your excellent plugin even more versatile:

• *1.Would it be possible to pass along the original stream obtained from tvserver without transcoding it with VLC ?
    • The motivation behind this would be to preserve maximum quality for the stream without recompressing it and also spare some CPU usage on the server [in my case the TV cards have hardware MPEG2 encoding]
    • I see this implemented as a something like a checkbox "Use original stream - don't transcode" under the Advanced/Profiles dialog...
    *2.Can you please remove the limitation from the audio/video bitrate and width/height edit boxes?
    • The motivation behind this would be to allow to use the full image of the original stream [in my case I get 720x676 from my tvcard] and also experiment with some higher bitrates and therefore quality when using via VLC.
      I see that the values are now limited to some sane 640x480 and 128/512 for bitrates. This make perfect sense for mobile clients, but for PC usage would be nice to have some more quality.
      What I'm looking for with this: in some places in my house the wireless signal is not so good, and the original unmodified stream from the tvserver gets rather choppy so I get a better experience using your plugin, however I would like to pump up the bitrate a bit more than 512kbit and also have the full image ;)
    *3.Would it be hard to allow some even more advanced mode [i know I get annoying :)] in which the user can specify the full command line for the VLC instance used by your plugin ?
    • The motivation behind this would be to allow the advanced users to have total control of the VLC transcoding and still use the nice features provided by the plugin - webinterface/channel switching via VLC playlist
    • I see this implemented as a separate profile called "Manual" where there is jus an edit box for the user to enter the command line parameters for the VLC tanscoding
    *4.Would it be possible to automaticaly generate the VLC playlist for all the channels ?
    • I know that it's not a big deal to manually get the stream listings from PiipTv.xml file, but maybe this automatic generation would be nice to have for less experimented [I mean lazy :D ]users
      The format would be a standard m3u textfile, eventually saved with the .vlc extension and containing records like
      #EXTM3U
      #EXTINF:0,<full_progname1>
      rtsp://<tvserverip>:8554/ptv_<progname1>.sdp
      #EXTINF:0,<full_progname2>
      rtsp://<tvserverip>:8554/ptv_<progname2>.sdp
    • I see this implemented as a button from the configuration interface or as a link in the web page

Please excuse me for the very long message - I just got excited by your work :) - this plugin was exactly what I was looking for.
If you will ever have the time/mood to implement some of this additions I would be very glad to test them :)

Keep up the excellent work and please let me know if I could be of any help

:D
Adi Pop

PCMAN

Portal Member
June 13, 2008
Hi,

"I see this implemented as a button from the configuration interface or as a link in the web page "
In web UI it will be very good idea , we can change channel by " Tv channel logo"

manniainen

Portal Pro
April 18, 2008
ophth1, I checked your logs. It seems that you are having some "nice" network configuration. Since you are having 6 different networks/network adapters :-O Do you really need so many? :)

Problem is related to IPv6 network addresses that you are using. Even VLC player is not able to handle IPv6 addresses and because of that piipTV code is not bottle neck now. Or actually Live555 cannot handle IPv6, which VLC is using :)

This is mentioned also in Live555 TODO:
http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/#todo

So do you have any change to try this with good old IPv4? :cool:

2008-06-14 13:03:37.469551 [10]: Utils:LocalIpAddr(), Address[0]: fe80::c5c0:370a:7df5:ab35%8
2008-06-14 13:03:37.470551 [10]: Utils:LocalIpAddr(), Address[1]: fe80::179:a384:8af8:a348%11
2008-06-14 13:03:37.470551 [10]: Utils:LocalIpAddr(), Address[2]: fe80::a1c5:1607:351:fb1f%13
2008-06-14 13:03:37.471551 [10]: Utils:LocalIpAddr(), Address[3]: 2002:bca8:170::bca8:170
2008-06-14 13:03:37.472551 [10]: Utils:LocalIpAddr(), Address[4]: xx.168.x.112
2008-06-14 13:03:37.473551 [10]: Utils:LocalIpAddr(), Address[5]: 192.168.188.1
2008-06-14 13:03:37.474551 [10]: Utils:LocalIpAddr(), Address[6]: 192.168.15.1

Thanks about good feedback!!:D Maybe we see today new release. I have prepared something fun for PC users :)

PCMAN

Portal Member
June 13, 2008
I am veryyyyy waiting this something:) This plugin is my favorite and best plugin that I use in TV server:) perfect work:) Thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom