PiipTV: LiveTV & remote PVR for Nokia Video Center (2 Viewers)

crazyboy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 25, 2006
    E51??

I just tried your plugin, and it rocks. I've tested it with both VLC and Nokia E51, and it works really well. I hope you don't mind, but i do have a couple of feature requests:

- i have multiple tv cards, and i would like to select which tv card the plugin should use.
    - it would be nice if i could assign a channel group to the plugin that contains the channels i want to expose. Today all channels are exposed, even the encrypted ones that cannot be watched.

Keep up the good work, and please let me know if there is anything i can do to help out.

:D

Hi eskild!! I've got the E51 too, but I can't install the plugin because I havent the nokia video center installed... where have you found it? Is your phone branded?

eskild

February 20, 2008
    Hi,
    i found the Nokia Video Center in the download catalog. On the phone, go to menu -> download -> Internet -> Video Center.

Hope this helps.

marplar

May 26, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sadlo I had a similar problem to you. I followed the instructions below from the ms technet site and it started working. I am using Vista 64bit.

"Add the following registry value (DWORD type) set to 0xFFFFFFFF:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters\DisabledComponents

This method disables IPv6 on all your LAN interfaces, connections, and tunnel interfaces but does not disable the IPv6 loopback interface. You must restart the computer for this registry value to take effect."

manniainen

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    Hi,

I have now solution to this windows vista ipv6 case. I would appreciate if someone could test if my solution works :)

Once someone could confirm that fix works I'am taking it to 'official' release :)

send me email and i will reply to you with version that has this ipv6 fix...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

manniainen

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008

Holiday season is over and new 0.5.6.17 release is out!

Release content:
    + Added notification to statuspane UI that clip converting is in progress, which is reason for high cpu usage
    + TCP interleaved protocol detection -> fixed
    + http -server crash -> fixed
    + From address array select ipv4 instead of ipv6 address, affects many Windows Vista users ->fixed
    + Crash if recording folder is not created -> fixed
    + Timestamp calculation -> fixed
    + When copying big TS file to rec -folders, mpeg4 convert starts immediately until file is not fully copied ->fixed
    + Web UI VLC pop-up plugin, some images missing -> missing images added
    + One localisation to VLCcontrols.js "Voulez vous relancer votre flux avec ces parameters?" -> "Do you want to restart the stream with these parameters?"
    + New version of Revolunet VLCcontrols updated to piipTV usage
    + "tv-uutiset, saa ja urheilu.ts", seems that that clip cannot be converted to mpeg4, maybe ' , ' is bad mark -> parcing ' , ' -> '_'

Get it from http://piiptv.japo.fi/

hingstin

Portal Member
    September 25, 2007
    Hi

i have tested this piiptv but i cant get it to work on my N95 8gb
    i have tryed install the "Video Center Provision File"
    the only thing i can get when i start "piip tv live..." is:
    Code:
    updating prog. guide
    but nothing happends.

i can get picture over WAN in vlc (about 20min then it stops, but the its to press "play" (in vlc) and pic. is back)

where can i found these config files in my phone (those one that "Video Center Provision File" is generating)

:confused:

~G

manniainen

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    Hi,

When you click provisioning file in WEB UI, it will add service to your phone's video center. Then open video center and you will see piipTV live. Under video center "internet videos" you can see also video feeds that has your recorded clips.

And if you have lot of channels and EPG program data is received for many days, updating EPG first time is taking really long time, just be patient! :) Once program guide is updated to phone you can start to watch channels...

If this does not help, send me email piiptv@japo.fi and i can try your service with my N95 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom