PiipTV: LiveTV & remote PVR for Nokia Video Center (1 Viewer)

SquonkSC

Portal Member
July 24, 2006
Hi again manniainen,

Thanks very much for being such a big help, really appreciate it.

Like you already suspected, I do have UDP and TCP ports forwarded for 8554.

About the 3g thing. After the last time I wrote you, I also tried wlan of a few of my neighbours (without them knowing, lol) , with same result unfortunately.

On my n95 8GB, I have a 1.5mbits down, 512kbits up, unlimited internet connection through my provider vodafone (for only 9 euros a month I might add, :) )
Also youtube and other streaming sites work perfectly.

I will make the tv.log tomorrow, and send it to you.

In my experience strange problems like this always end up to be something trivial, something I overlooked, or a rare conflict betweeen two pieces of software like VLC and Nvidia or something.

Tomorrow I will check the settings of my networkcard settings. I have a 1000mbits network throughout the house, that couldn't be a problem now could it? :)

Should Qos be on or off? My router (livebox provider shit) doesn't even have options to set up Qos. Maybe I should go look for a Cisco or equivalent.

But well, i will give it up for today because my wife hates me messing with the mediacenter. She is the TV-addict, I'm just the guy who makes it work, hehehe.

Thanks again man!!

Greetz,

SquonkSC

manniainen

Portal Pro
April 18, 2008
SquonkSC,

One test that came to my mind is that do you have laptop? So that you can connect it to your neighbours WLAN :). And then set from piipTV PC -profile in use, and just in case then stop service and start service again, and to from that laptop open VLC and open network stream from URL that is shown in WEB UI something like rtsp://ip:8554/channel.sdp. This test we can narrow down that is problem just in phone or phone & PC usage...

Then logs would help, cannot imagine what could be wrong, if internal IP streaming is fine.. :(

SquonkSC

Portal Member
July 24, 2006
Hi Manniainen,

Update.

Today I put the piiptv profile to PC and asked a friend of mine to open my rtsp link in VLC on his PC.
It streamed perfectly.

So, conclusion must be that piiptv is fine, and portforwarding is working.

Only thing I could think of is that the nokia video center it self, or the connection settings of my phone provider are screwed up.

So, I have upgraded my phone to latest firmware 30.0.0.18, and I reinitiallized my connection settings.
I used to have a connection called Vodafone Live.
To my surprise, I noticed my provider has now added a special connection setting called Vodafone live streaming!!??

Tomorrow I am going to the nearest spot where I can receive 3G and try it out.

I will keep you posted.

Greetz,

SquonkSC

manniainen

Portal Pro
April 18, 2008
TIP of the day

If you are wondering that why UDP stream is not working in your PiipTV server setup and you are using NAT, check from your firewall that 7000->7004 UDP ports are opened :) After this change one server behind NAT started to work also with UDP, hope that this tip helps other users also...

onkelhai

April 12, 2007
Hi,

the plugin sounds very nice, but I can't use it.
Everytime I click on "Start Service" it takes a while and then it says "VLC start failed!".
Tried to change Video from h264 to mp4 but no change.
The WebUI works and I was able to install the Videocenter Plugin to my Nokia N82.

Has anyone any idea?

Many thanks

andi

onkelhai

April 12, 2007
I tried the newest version, 0.9.4, version 0.8.6i and now the 0.8.6f but all with the same problem.
I noticed that on Active Card there it says "none" shouldn't any card be listed there?
Also I can't select an streaming profile.
I'm using MediaPortal Vers. 1.0.0.0 RC2 and the TVServer 1.0.0.0 RC2 too.
Are there any problems with that versions?

Any other ideas to solve the problem?

manniainen

Portal Pro
April 18, 2008
onkelhai,

MP RC2 should be just fine, this weeks piipTv release will support RC3, and then RC2 is not supported anymore. There seems to be some binary break in MP side, between RC2 and RC3.

In piipTV -plugin you have defined correct installation path for VLC?

If this does not help, go to piipTV plugin advanced settings activate full logging, reproduce problem and send tv.log to me piiptv(a)japo.fi and i will check log :)

PCMAN

Portal Member
June 13, 2008
Hi Manniainen ,
First of all , thanks the great job:)
I have a question, the part of IP tv working great with VLC,.
How can I play the VOD streaming or VOD download from Piiptv with VLC ?
Or existing player for windows XP , that play them?

Thx:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom