Play a TV recording needs a double selection - twice ok on remote (1 Viewer)

Neil Campbell

January 15, 2020
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Country flag
When selecting a previosly recoreded TV programme it needs to be selectd twice to play. The first attemp tries to start the playback - brings up a blank screen then fails the second selection works fine. This has happened since version 1.20 (which itself works fine). I have tried a completely fresh install of MP and this has the same results as the initailly upgraded system.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    When selecting a previosly recorded TV programme it needs to be selected twice to play.
    This somewhat resembles the problem described in this thread, but unfortunately there was no specific resolution to that problem (it just fixed itself).

The only suggestion that I have at the moment is to disable the MP setting called something like "stop playback when there is no audio output device".

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    You can find the setting suggested by @CyberSimian in MP Config as shown in the screenshot below. Disable (untick) it and please let us know if it fixes the problem.
    mp1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
    Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
    I've just upgraded the motherboard, CPU, ram, boot drives and PSU in my TV Server (always on), and am now having intermittent...
    Replies
    Views
    Have you checked if any anti-virus program could have locked the file so it can't be deleted?
    Have you checked if any anti-virus program could have locked the file so it can't be deleted?
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you joecrow! It seems to resolve the problem I got since 1.22.
    Thank you joecrow! It seems to resolve the problem I got since 1.22.
    Hi Guys, Most times I have had an issue with MP1 it has been a platform/OS/finger-trouble issue that a re-install etc fixes...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi Owlsroost - thanks!! That's worked - I have set the service to run under the logged on user account and it works fine! I don't know what changed but its working and that's great Thanks again Paul
    Hi Owlsroost - thanks!! That's worked - I have set the service to run under the logged on user account and it works fine! I don't...
    Hi - I hope someone can help :) I have been using mediaportal1 for many years without problems - a couple of days ago I decided it...
    Replies
    Views
    Maybe you mean with "PowerScheduler" the "Forced" mode. Means PowerScheduler forces Windows to Standby. But this only is one of the PS modes. The other is to apply all settings to the Windows power settings. But this also is done by the PS plugin. If you disable the PS plugin completely the settings and events needed for MP2 server...
    Maybe you mean with "PowerScheduler" the "Forced" mode. Means PowerScheduler forces Windows to Standby. But this only is one of...
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.3 Description As first reported in this thread. I seem to have a bug where if I use the MP2 client...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom