Play ISO's in external player! (1 Viewer)

luci5r

Portal Pro
May 30, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I was baffled today to realize MP-TVSeries doesn't seem to use external player to launch ISO's.

I have the virtual drive & tmt5 launch options setup & all my disc images (ISO's, etc) get automatically mounted & launch on TMT5 when using Moving-Pictures for my movies.

However, I recently ripped my Season 1 blu-ray discs of 'Walking Dead', a tv show, and when I launch them from MP-TVseries, it only uses the internal player. There is no "use external player" argument in settings like Moving-Pictures.

So -> how do you get ISO's for tv show to launch in external player, like movies in Moving-Pictures, in MP-TVSERIES?

Thanks!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Have you tried:

MP Configuration (Advanced) -> DVD Discs/Images -> DVD Discs/Images Player -> [X] Use external player (replaces internal player)

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Have you tried:

MP Configuration (Advanced) -> DVD Discs/Images -> DVD Discs/Images Player -> [X] Use external player (replaces internal player)

Yes, most certainly. MP-TVSeries seems to disrespect it. I've always had that option setup & it works for "Videos".

You can run a quick test if you want. Just use any iso you have, make a copy & rename it to an episode of any series you have in mp-tvseries. See if you can get it to launch as mounted iso in external player. I've tried everything!

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Hello There!

Just checking in to see if anyone had a chance to look this over.

Thanks.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It may take him a week or two to respond, he is a busy man.[DOUBLEPOST=1442297679][/DOUBLEPOST]In the interim you could search the forum, to see if there have been previous discussions around this issue.[DOUBLEPOST=1442298179][/DOUBLEPOST]https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...k-solution-external-player.93725/#post-724094

^ suggests that my videos plugin must be enabled for my tv series to play iso in external player?

You can confirm that the exact same file loads in external player when mounted using my videos plugin (not MOVING PICS), however when mounted using my tv series plugin it opens in the internal player instead of the external player? ... correct?

Last edited:

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    It may take him a week or two to respond, he is a busy man.[DOUBLEPOST=1442297679][/DOUBLEPOST]In the interim you could search the forum, to see if there have been previous discussions around this issue.[DOUBLEPOST=1442298179][/DOUBLEPOST]https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...k-solution-external-player.93725/#post-724094

^ suggests that my videos plugin must be enabled for my tv series to play iso in external player?

You can confirm that the exact same file loads in external player when mounted using my videos plugin (not MOVING PICS), however when mounted using my tv series plugin it opens in the internal player instead of the external player? ... correct?

No worries; I understand.

I did actually browse through that thread during my research phase - and I have indeed scoured the forum, with no luck.
    Yes, I can confirm all 3 conditions mentioned in that thread are met on my end; namely:
    - Virtual Drive is setup properly (Moving-Pictures uses it successfully currently)
    - DVD Discs/Images Player is also set to "use external player" correctly.
    - "Videos" plugin is enabled in Plugins configuration.

And of course ".ISO" is added to the list of allowed extensions.

Thanks.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I dont have time right now to look into this but if you provide log files after attempting to play an ISO in tvseries it will help when I do have time.

It is possible that something has changed in MediaPortal and now needs adjusting to work, im pretty sure this worked once upon a time. To make things easier in the future I would suggest converting each episode to mkv.

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    I dont have time right now to look into this but if you provide log files after attempting to play an ISO in tvseries it will help when I do have time.

It is possible that something has changed in MediaPortal and now needs adjusting to work, im pretty sure this worked once upon a time. To make things easier in the future I would suggest converting each episode to mkv.

Thank you for giving this your time; I appreciate it. Please take your time.

Logs attached.

Screenshot showing DVD Discs / Images Player setup correctly:
    mp1.PNG

Screenshot showing Virtual Drive setup correctly:
    mp2.PNG

Screenshot showing Videos plugin enabled:
    mp3.PNG

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom