Play karaoke (*.kar, *.cdg, *.lrc) in Media Portal (1 Viewer)

MrMad

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Göteborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Here is what you need to do:
1. Download and install "Karaoke for DirectX" from https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89149
2. Open a karaoke file to check that it works in WMP (And to allow the extension in WMP).
3. Add the extensions (.cdg, .kar, .lrc) in Media portal setup (Movies/Movie extensions).
4. Add the directory where you keep your karaoke files (Movies/Movie folders)
5. Start Media Portal and go to My movies.
6. Choose a song and sing along :)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I use .cdg/.mp3 file pairs and hide the mp3 file (attrib +h), this way only one item is shown in your music/movies list.

thorscutie

January 2, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have downloaded and installed the plug-in. I can play my .cdg files in WMP. The extensions are added into the movies extension list. When I try and play the file in MP it crashes. Why does this not work if I've set it up correctly?

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
Use version 2.3 of karaoke-dx and if your using nvidia graphic card the driver needs to be up to date.

Justchill

Portal Pro
February 25, 2008
Brugge
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi,

I've configured it right, but the cdg files won't start. They run fine in WMP though..

Hi,

I've configured it right, but the cdg files won't start. They run fine in WMP though..

fixed, had to install V2.3.

Is there a way to rename the Mymovies plugin title to "MyKaraoke"?

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Are you able to play .kar files as well?

Valentinico

May 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Argentina Argentina
    2.3 directX, works with wmp, but dont work dor me.... i use windows media portal V1.0.2 :( dont wooooooooooork :'( says "error, Audio codec"

rellik

September 8, 2007
    2.3 directX, works with wmp, but dont work dor me.... i use windows media portal V1.0.2 :( dont wooooooooooork :'( says "error, Audio codec"

I'm having exactly the same issue, been pulling my hair out over this.
    I have tried on MP 1.02 and MP 1.1 Beta with various codecs. I am able to play the .cdg files with Windows Media Player, but not from within mediaportal.
    I have also tested 2.3 directX and the ver 3 Beta, but the problem remains exactly the same.
    Can anyone please help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom