Playback Problem with CTD or sometimes BSOD (1 Viewer)

Cowboy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 25, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi there,

i didn't find any hint for my problem but i managed it so far. Just in case someone else will have this trouble, here is the solution.

Problem:
    The video playback seems not to be started, the picture comes approx. 30 seconds after the sound is coming. Not out of sync but very late. If you stop the playback in this time it may be works or the system freezes. When the video is playing, mediaportal consumes 2.5 to 3.0 GB of RAM. The consumed RAM ist not freed after playback is stopped. If you play the next media, MP is crashing to desktop. The logfiles does not give any hint for the reason... for me.

Solution:
    I use LAV filters for media support and i checked the wrong boxes in the audio decoder settings. My AVR works only with 16, 20 and 24 bitrates and i checked the other boxes too.
    upload_2019-2-2_22-22-18.png

After i corrected these settings the playback works normal again.

Until i found the solution i updated MP from 1.20 to 1.21 pre and finally 1.21, killed virus scanners, retreated to old vga drivers, then thought Win1809 is the problem. While weeping i stumbled over the sound settings and realized that the bitrates in LAV could be too much for the AVR
    upload_2019-2-2_22-30-41.png

After adjusting of the LAV audio decoder settings all worked fine again. Unbelievable.

I hope this helps someone sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Strange. The logs show no error and things should be alright. Have you tried another skin/theme instead WMC, e.g. Win10? I don't really expect a different result but worth a try. EDIT: I vaguely remember a problem with the dynamic refresh rate changer. Can you try to temporarily deactivate and try again? The other thing is the...
    Strange. The logs show no error and things should be alright. Have you tried another skin/theme instead WMC, e.g. Win10? I don't...
    Hi team - I know that my profile says I joined in 2008, but I never actually got things set up then. MP1 felt very "raw" at the...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my keyboard just fine (also lightspeed wireless). Suggestions?
    Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my...
    Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as a dedicated opto-electronic calibrator but it's more than adequate for this application and much better than trying to do things by eye (even when the lack of sync is massively obvious, subjective...
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 3 Bugs in MP 1.21 DE
    In the attached log an example of Problem #3 (2 clicks required on TVguide) occured at 08:18 this morning following a resume from sleep immediately prior to that. Following that I played a 3D .mkv (Ant Man, also at 08;18) and stopped it to show Problem #1, refresh rate remained at 23hz untill I closed MP to collect the logs. Problem...
    In the attached log an example of Problem #3 (2 clicks required on TVguide) occured at 08:18 this morning following a resume from...
    MediaPortal Version: 1.21 Description 1) After playing a 3D video (.mkv/mvc) the refresh rate remains on 23hz i.e. it does not...
    Replies
    Views
    Would it be possible to automate the process of updating MP Extension Manager with the latest versions of important components?
    Would it be possible to automate the process of updating MP Extension Manager with the latest versions of important components?
    Hi there, i've got a problem with the playback of some movies. The sound format is listed as DTS HD 7.1 but the receiver detects it...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom