Playback Problem with CTD or sometimes BSOD (1 Viewer)

Cowboy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 25, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,

i didn't find any hint for my problem but i managed it so far. Just in case someone else will have this trouble, here is the solution.

Problem:
    The video playback seems not to be started, the picture comes approx. 30 seconds after the sound is coming. Not out of sync but very late. If you stop the playback in this time it may be works or the system freezes. When the video is playing, mediaportal consumes 2.5 to 3.0 GB of RAM. The consumed RAM ist not freed after playback is stopped. If you play the next media, MP is crashing to desktop. The logfiles does not give any hint for the reason... for me.

Solution:
    I use LAV filters for media support and i checked the wrong boxes in the audio decoder settings. My AVR works only with 16, 20 and 24 bitrates and i checked the other boxes too.
    upload_2019-2-2_22-22-18.png

After i corrected these settings the playback works normal again.

Until i found the solution i updated MP from 1.20 to 1.21 pre and finally 1.21, killed virus scanners, retreated to old vga drivers, then thought Win1809 is the problem. While weeping i stumbled over the sound settings and realized that the bitrates in LAV could be too much for the AVR
    upload_2019-2-2_22-30-41.png

After adjusting of the LAV audio decoder settings all worked fine again. Unbelievable.

I hope this helps someone sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom