[Proposal] Playing on the big screen? (1 Viewer)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One question, maybe it is already in the pipeline, but I would really enjoy using WebMP to select the movie, series, music etc. to play upon my htpc. Right now I browse using WebMP and when I find something I want to watch I have to start Moving Pictures or Series to select the same movie/episode.

Just having a play on "htpc" (this is the connected htpcs name) would be great.

Another suggestion for Music: iTunes remote on the iPad is doing music presentation right. You have a selection of browse by Album, Artist, Genre (& some others I don't need). And when you select an album it shows you the tracks and you can play from there. I would really like something like that for WebMP.

wertzui

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2005
    I support this request.
    Play on htpc is a killer feature imho.
    Also for TV!
    This way you could use any Tablet or Smartphone with WebMP as a remote.

Last edited:

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Nice idea indeed but I bet pretty hard to implement since MPExtended would have to communicate with MP-client(s) which it actually doesnt do (if I understand it correct).

techchad

Portal Member
    March 5, 2006
    This would be awesome! I installed this just for that purpose (I have a PC i want to use as a touchscreen jukebox for movies, tv shows and music). But then i realized after i got it all setup that it didn't do want I wanted, but this would be a cool feature if it were possible.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just having a play on "htpc" (this is the connected htpcs name) would be great..

If it did this it would probably only support play on "this" HTPC, because MP database is not multi-client, and you are only browsing the database of the single client that is running MPextend+WebMP

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If it did this it would probably only support play on "this" HTPC, because MP database is not multi-client, and you are only browsing the database of the single client that is running MPextend+WebMP

I guess there are quite a few ways around this - for one MPExtended already allows Multi-Client setups (this allows streaming of local movie/music/series from clients to the web). These clients would need the WifiRemote plugin and then it would be "easy" to start a movie remotely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom