[Proposal] Playing on the big screen? (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    when you go into web-mp or ampdroid, don't you select which client you want to connect to (or has that changed?), I suppose you could create some more logic that turns the currently selected media in the current database into a search string, that is subsequently used to search the database on the other client for a match, then play that match.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, now I got you.

For me I do not care too much about when I select the client to play to, but it would be a nice feature for the people (I guess most) that have somehow unified the available music/movies/series on their network. Synced database etc.

If a play feature could be done - great. If a play to could be added - better. If a play in sync could be added - best ;-)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yea, because each client has a separate database for moving pictures etc, you can't be browsing one database then tell a separate client to play the same movie, because the database are not the same. You have to somehow link the the individual entry in two separate databases together using a unique identifier, eg. the IMDB ID# or search string or something like that. I think it's definitely acheivable if there was a lot of desire, but the developers would just have to do some magic :)

Last edited:

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sure, that's all in a devs job ;-)

I guess we all use UNC paths for all systems, then this would be easy, just search for the path & play the file. But yes, I would like some magic. Esp. on the synced playback ...

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It's not too difficult for movies and TV series' as the latest Wifiremote allows playing by movie title or TV series/episode number - TV is already easy as all clients share channels/recordings. I actually have this feature working quite well on a web app I am messing around with, it does rely on all clients having a similar DB though (i.e. pointing to the same folders).

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, it's certainly possible. The easiest implementation is probably just to play the media on the same PC where we get the database from, so you don't have to worry about paths/ids not matching. However, I'm personally not interested in implementing this in WebMP, so you're going to need to find another dev to get this implemented.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom