Playing problems in RC1: TV, radio, AVI, DXVA (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobJust

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Also here: ATI 5850 ... black screen.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't know if this bug report belongs here but I'm sure someone will let me know if not :)

I'm not sure when it started, but certainly with the SVNs before RC1. The problem occurs with playback of both AVI's (which are on another PC, so over the LAN) and TV recordings (stored locally on the same PC as MP is installed on), where they get stuck/loop for about a second. It seems to happen with every file, but probably occurs more frequently during playback over the LAN of an AVI, than local playback of a .ts file.

I've recently upgraded from Cat 9.8 to 10.2 and from SAF4 to SAF5, none of which has made any difference (I'm also using the rev2 of core.dll). As I say, I can't say for sure when it started but I know it didn't used to happen and I'd be very happy if it were to stop as it's becoming a tad annoying!

I've attached logs from tonight where I was watching a .ts and it happened at least once. I'm posting this now as MP just crashed whilst I was watching it, which manifested as the recording continuously looping the same second, which I thought was just another occurrence of this bug but when it didn't stop and MP didn't respond to the remote, I checked the PC and saw that the error/crash program had appeared in the taskbar, which I've learnt means that I need to press Enter which closes MP and then I have to restart it.

Dr Tone

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2008
    Calgary, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm seeing an issue with 1080p mpeg2 video in MKV files. They play perfectly in windows media player. They play with a slight stutter in media portal, doesn't matter which decoder I use, I've tried 3 different ones.

H264 and VC1 work perfectly.

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm having some problems playing some MKVs on an Acer Aspire netbook using MP 1.1.0 RC1. I'm running Windows7 x64, latest Haali Media Splitter, latest SVN MPCVideoDecoder, and AC3Filter.

This file plays fine on MPC-HC using external filters but all I get is a black screen in MP. The graph is built fine but no video is played. I also don't see anything useful in the MP logs.

I've tried the patch core.dll in this thread but I get the same results. Other MKVs seem to play fine.

Any ideas?

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Playing problems in RC1: TV, radio, AVI, DXVA

Hi,
    I clearly vote for the new core.dll.
    I am running the dll on my two atom clients (one with ION, one without, both win7 x32), because I experienced stuttering TV that could only be prevented by skipping back and forth from time to time.

Stutter is now completely gone, HD TV is playing nicely and the channel changing times are good (even though not better than before)
    did not test movies, so far, though.

cheers and thank you!!

joystick

technick

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Just a question for my information, is the new core in the SVN (currently 25202) ? Because I don't find TV HD very good in it and the core.dll crach on other version that RC1.

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi,

I'm on Win7 x64 ,ATI HD 4870 (with Cat 10.3 preview), using unlocked SAF, EVR enabled. For myself I hoticed that the frame drops isssue mainly (if not exclusively) affects MKVs with WVC-1 rather than with VC1. Further after several hours of playing with merits I noticed that unlike MP, Graphstudio cannot build graph for such files with the Cybelink codec at all (even if it has a high merit), while I can manually make such a graph with the Cyberlink codec and have no drops at all with WVC1 mkv which had about 40% drops in MP. So it seems that in both cases these graphs are build incorrectly. After several attempts I found that files with WVC1 are perfectly handeled (in both MP and Graphstudio) by ArcSoft's codec. So I left Cyberlink codec in MP config and made Arcsoft's codeс merit just by 1 less than Cybelink's and MP can uses it with the core.dll from this thread for WVC1 playback with no dropped frames.

All this relates to DXVA option enabled.

Hope this helps.

BR

MaxT

Dr Tone

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2008
    Calgary, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @MaxT

Mediaportal codecs setup is not used to play MKV, windows 7 make as he want. Do you know this : Codec Guide: Windows 7 Preferred DirectShow Filter Tweak Tool In the first screen you will can choose your prefered decoder and on the last screen desactivate Microsoft decoders. After this you will can play with merits.

I figured something funky was up with MKVs. I had ended up forcing mpc for h264 with the formentioned filter tweak tool. Just wasn't sure if I should report it as a bug. Or are we just going to have to live with it?

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Dr Tone

Not sure that this tool affects MP anyhow. I could play MKVs with VC1 in MP without it, just with Haali. Seems that this tool is used to enable MKV playback in MPC/WMP, however on my notebook with W& x32 I could play, though I cannot on my HTPC with W7 x64. Will install Haali for x64 just to try.

What I also do not understand is that this tool works with Cyberlink and Arcsoft "modified" codecs, however a) neither of mine are modified anyhow and 2) I see Arcsoft but do not see Cyberlink. Any ideas are welcome.

BR

MaxT

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom