Playing recorded *.TS files does't work with internal "TsReader.ax" (1 Viewer)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: RC2
MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome
Windows Version: Win XP SP3 EN
CPU Type: MD Athlon 64 X2 4050+ EE
HDD: SSD OCZ Core Series V2 - 30GB system disk+Western Digital Caviar GreenPower 3.5" 1TB WD10EACS
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard: ASUS M3A78-EMH HDMI
Video Card: on board
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.4
Sound Card: on board
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: AVerTV Hybrid Speedy
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PoverDVD 8.0
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MpaDecFilter.ax 1.1.604
h.264 Video Codec: MPCVideoDec.ax 1.1.604
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion V2 (silver)
Cooling: Passive
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV: Hyundai Q320
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Look on it here:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/offtopic-57/stand-alone-filters-htpc-44614/index3.html#post304989

I renamed *.ts file to *.MP4/*.MKV - this will disable TsReader.ax and TS file are processed by Haali - it works OK.
TsReader.ax cannot play this *.ts file.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    If TsReader is disabled then no wonder its not working :). Currently .ts files require TsReader (no Haali support on MP side for .ts).

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    If TsReader is disabled then no wonder its not working :). Currently .ts files require TsReader (no Haali support on MP side for .ts).

TsReader is not disabled! (Just did fresh instal of MP + latest build).
    No luck to play this ts file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9TIJ68KM
    I need to rename ts to MP4/MKV to disable "TsReader.ax" and make it work thrue Haali.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

TsReader is not disabled! (Just did fresh instal of MP + latest build).
    No luck to play this ts file: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    I need to rename ts to MP4/MKV to disable "TsReader.ax" and make it work thrue Haali.

Works here with TsReader without any issues. PDVD8 video codec + ffdshow audio codec. Please make sure that other .ts files are working correctly (that would rule out that the TsReader is not registerd or is from different SVN version than MP itself.)

Its possible that MPC-HT h264 decoder is not connecting to the TsReader's video output pin.

pvkleeff

Portal Member
    July 18, 2007
    Roosendaal
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The MPC-HC standalone codec has never worked with the tsReader for H.264 video. Simply because this type of video gets a GUID of {8D2D71CB-243F-45E3-B2D8-5FD7967EC09B} which the codec doesn't accept as an input.

I've asked Casimir (developer of MPC-HC) to add this GUID to the list so the file would be able to play. Today I tested a version of the coed which accepts this GUID. The file starts playing but at a very low framerate (in sw mode).
    When I activated DXVA the file starts skipping frames like crazy and ultimately stops.

I hope that Casimir can find the problem and we can simply start using one codec (with HW accell) for all video files.
    But I think that some properties of the video file are not correct in tsReader as well. For instance, the aspect ratio is incorrectly detected, The video pin out gives me values of dwAspectRatioX 10, dwAspectRatioY 9, but the file is 1280x720 (correctly detected), 16:9 ratio !

So, all in all I think the problem lies on both sides.

To be continued...

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    The MPC-HC standalone codec has never worked with the tsReader for H.264 video. Simply because this type of video gets a GUID of {8D2D71CB-243F-45E3-B2D8-5FD7967EC09B} which the codec doesn't accept as an input.

I've asked Casimir (developer of MPC-HC) to add this GUID to the list so the file would be able to play. Today I tested a version of the coed which accepts this GUID. The file starts playing but at a very low framerate (in sw mode).
    When I activated DXVA the file starts skipping frames like crazy and ultimately stops.

I hope that Casimir can find the problem and we can simply start using one codec (with HW accell) for all video files.
    But I think that some properties of the video file are not correct in tsReader as well. For instance, the aspect ratio is incorrectly detected, The video pin out gives me values of dwAspectRatioX 10, dwAspectRatioY 9, but the file is 1280x720 (correctly detected), 16:9 ratio !

To be continued...

Thanks for info.:D

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

To be continued...

Would be cool if you could upload a sample video to check what tsreader detects or why it detects the wrong aspect ratio.

Nevertheless all other h264 decoder filters work with TsReader afaik

pvkleeff

Portal Member
    July 18, 2007
    Roosendaal
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Would be cool if you could upload a sample video to check what tsreader detects or why it detects the wrong aspect ratio.

Nevertheless all other h264 decoder filters work with TsReader afaik

I'll try to upload a sample of the file I use for testing (need to cut it though since the file is more than 5 Gb :) tonight.

The problem is purely between TsReader and the MPC-HC codec, and I still can't figure out why.
    When I create a graph using Haali as file splitter and MPC as codec the file plays fine.
    When I create a graph using TsReader and Cyberlink or Arcsoft as codec the file plays fine.
    Only when I create the graph using TsReader and MPC it doesn't work.

Maybe the other codecs simply ignore the flags TsReader gives them (like the aspectratio etc) and check the file on their own, whereas the MPC codec relies on these flags ?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom