Playing recorded TV causes hang (1 Viewer)

kkozma

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Dayton, OH
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just re-installed everything fresh. Windows 7 64 bit. Selected a TV show to watch from Recorded TV and MP hangs. I tried all of my recordings in debug mode and they play just fine, so that leads me to a problem with Streamed MP somehow.

Anyone else having an issue like this? I'll attach some logs, but I don't think they'll help since I have to kill the MP task to get it unfrozen and at quick glance I don't see anything that indicates a problem..

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It wouldn't be the skin that is causing the problem...most likely one of the plugins then. Please try disabling TVSeries/MovingPictures as I have heard some other people have problems (im not sure which one or both).

Can you upload a sample somewhere of a recording that exhibits the problem so I can reproduce.

bnsaflsujt

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Hello!

I had this problem when I upgraded to the RC3 version of the skin. I would click on a show, and it would just hang instantly. If this is your problem, the same fix might work. It was talked about a little in the RC3 release thread, and a fix was uploaded by another user, that worked instantly on mine.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...portal-1-1-0-rc3-82249/index3.html#post619585

This is a direct link to the post with the download.

GOOD LUCK!

P.S.: Don't forget to make a backup of the MediaInfo.dll file before you overwrite it!

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    It wouldn't be the skin that is causing the problem...most likely one of the plugins then. Please try disabling TVSeries/MovingPictures as I have heard some other people have problems (im not sure which one or both).

Can you upload a sample somewhere of a recording that exhibits the problem so I can reproduce.

It looks as if it was Moving Pictures. I disabled that and the recordings play just fine. :( The really interesting thing here is that this all worked a few days ago before my fresh install of 64 bit windows 7 when I was running the identical setup with 32 bit windows 7. Really weird!

Hello!

I had this problem when I upgraded to the RC3 version of the skin. I would click on a show, and it would just hang instantly. If this is your problem, the same fix might work. It was talked about a little in the RC3 release thread, and a fix was uploaded by another user, that worked instantly on mine. I guess it could be a 64bit vs 32bit thing, but who knows...

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...portal-1-1-0-rc3-82249/index3.html#post619585

This is a direct link to the post with the download.

GOOD LUCK!

P.S.: Don't forget to make a backup of the MediaInfo.dll file before you overwrite it!

I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

*edit: Yup. That worked... Is there a more permanent fix being worked on rather than mismatching old file versions with newer versions?

bnsaflsujt

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Don't ask me on that one. All I know is that I did that and it worked! I hope it is fixed before the final 1.1.0 release of MediaPortal, but at least there is a real quick workaround!

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    Well thank you very much for the help...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a more permanent solution, but in the meantime this will do just fine.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Can you please upload a file that I can reproduce this problem with. Perhaps the MediaInfo team can fix it. Have you tried scanning the file(s) in question using the MediaInfo program...if it fails on that then we should raise an issue on the MediaInfo forums.

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    Sure, I'll try to get one uploaded tonight. The problem is that they're all fairly large... I'll see if I can just record about 5 minutes of something.

How would I scan the file with mediainfo? I've never used it on it's own.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    How would I scan the file with mediainfo? I've never used it on it's own.

Download & install MediaInfo (which can be found here).
    After install, right click on the file in question and select 'MediaInfo' (which should by almost on top of the list with options).

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    Thanks! Ok, I downloaded and installed the program and I compared the dll's in question. The version that was on my PC that failed is version 0.7.32.0, the version I downloaded from another thread that worked is 0.7.27.0, and finally the version that installed with the current version of MediaInfo is 0.7.33.0. I replaced the mediainfo.dll with version 7.33 and it works fine with that one as well. On a hunch thinking maybe it was a 32bit vs 64bit thing I downloaded and installed MediaInfo 7.32 and copied both the 32 and 64 bit DLL's, and they both work. Then I noticed something. The 7.32 version that doesn't work has a modified date of 5/10/10 and the one that comes with MediaInfo 7.32 has a modifed date of 5/2/10. So someone did something to that library between when it was originally compiled on 5/2/10 and 5/10/10.

Anyways, at this point I think there's a bug in the version that gets installed with moving pictures/streamed mp. I can still upload a sample if you like, but I really don't think there's an issue with my recorded TV files or much sense in trying to duplicate the issue when it's obvious there's something amis with that particular mediainfo.dll as replacing it with pretty much anything fixes the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom