Please delete my account (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackelectronics

Portal Member
June 27, 2005
TVKiwi said:
Jackelectronics

I understood PAL to be 25 frames per second (i think i remember reading it is 24.93 to be exact) unless the different versions of PAL (ie B,M,N) play at different speeds but I did not think so.

But even so - is it worth worrying about that extra 0.04 seconds difference between frame rates. I cant say I would notice. Dont sweat the small stuff dude, life is too short!

Cinema films are originally 24fps. Many have to be sped up to 25fps for PAL 50Hz which affects the pitch of the sound. I would love to hear DVD films in the original cinema pitch without the use of complicated utilities.

This forum should be moved to Media Portal Talk and the topic should be renamed as something else because I can't do this as a user.

jackelectronics

Portal Member
June 27, 2005
vbap said:
You appear to be quite knowledgeable about matters Audio/Visual, so PC-based solutions are probably up your alley, but at the same time, you have the stated your desire to move on with other priorities. And yet, you continue to persist with a few more tests, trials and tweaks of MP :)

I am indeed knowledgeable about audio and video. I am supposed to be doing my other priorities but I am very easily distracted. I am a person who is very easily distracted by more interesting things.

vbap said:
building your own PC-Based PVR app!!

I am rubbish at C++. I have poor experience and all I've been learning at University was Win32 Console Applications, Classes, Object Oriented Design. There was no DirectX, DirectShow, etc.

vbap

Portal Pro
February 15, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
This forum should be moved to Media Portal Talk and the topic should be renamed as something else because I can't do this as a user.

Agree! But gee, it's interesting...

My PC is also a general workstation, not just a Media Center.

And herein lies a problem for developers of this kind of software. The guys who build DVD recorders etc aren't having to deal with people using their appliances for running their small business, planning their 3 storey house extension, or compiling the monthly neighbourhood newsletter (although there is probably already a hack to enable these functions somewhere...:wink: )

jackelectronics

Portal Member
June 27, 2005
It's all over now. The TV Card is now in the post because I just want my cash back for now.

This forum may now be locked by Admin to show it's the end. 8)

PS. I maybe back soon. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread