Please help me with IRSS Learning/Blasting problems. (1 Viewer)

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
October 5, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I posted 3 threads on this site about finding the argument for my external ir blaster. All the views my threads got and not one person knows hiw to find the argument huh. I got more help on other sites in regards to its and can get no help from the irss forum?! All I need is to know how to find my argument. I've searched extensively and haven't found this out yet. I'm begging , please someone give me some advice. PLEASE

Last edited by a moderator:

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think your question is not too clear - that said I am no big IRSS expert.

Maybe explain your question in a bit more detail: what blaster do you want to use, what do you want to blast, etc. Some Screenshots / Logs on how to reproduce?

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Ok. Here is the complete rundown.

how to setup hauppauge colossus with npvr
    i have ir server suite setup supposedly so i can use my hp windows media center remote, i learned the ir codes for my remote for my cable box, i used these exact instructions

To easily setup IRSS 1.4.2.3496...

1) Open the installer. During the setup, leave the default stuff checked but also check the boxes in front of...

- Under Tools, "Keyboard Input Relay".

- Under CommandLine Tools, "IR Blast" and "Hauppauge PVR Tuner".

2) After the installer finishes, the configuration for IR Server will appear. I have a Microsoft MCE device so I clicked on the CONFIGURE button for it. On the KEYBOARD tab, check the box in front of "Enable keyboard input". Click OK then OK again. The IR Server service will restart.

3) Now go to START > ALL PROGRAMS > IR SERVER SUITE > TRANSLATOR to open Translator.

- Check the box in front of "Start Translator with Windows".

- On the IR Commands tab, learn your STB codes for buttons 0-9.

- Click OK.

4) Open NPVR and go to SETTINGS.

- Open DEVICES > YOUR CARD

- Set the Executable to C:\Program Files (x86)\IR Server Suite\IRBlast.exe

- Set the Arguments to -host localhost -channel {channel} -delay 350

That's it. IRSS 1.4.2.3496 works just fine.

Ok. I have npvr playing live tv. When I try to change the channel I c the numbers come up and after I hit the third and last digit the led on the ir receiver blinks 3 times. I've never seen that b 4. But the channel doesn't change. What am I DoIng wrong? I'm usin an Hp external blaster and remote. Wmc kind and am running windows 7 32 bit

Last edited:

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I don't have experience with NPVR, but I have used IRSS quite a bit...

Are your recordings blasting the IR codes correctly with IRSS so you can record shows now?

The reason i ask is that watching live TV should be no different than recording a show... the "engine" (in your case npvr), is blasting the channels to either save the recording to disk or timeshift to view right away.

So, all translator should be doing is telling NPVR to change the channel with a keyboard command rather than circumvent the recording engine by blasting the channel directly.

Maybe I've misunderstood your issue.

You can also post your translator.log.

g

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    like i said i setup irss according to the guide i posted, i have setup my colossus with two different programs, wiindows media center and npvr, in both to use the external blaster u have to first us a program like irss to setup the remote and receiver, and the set the executable to irblast.exe or noirblast.exe, ive tried both, and i have the argument set to -channel {channel} , i then try to change the channel on my stb using my hp wmc remote that goes with the receiver and it doesnt work, i have the blaster set to the right area on the cable box, its where it was when i learned the codes for my cable box remote, and when i try to test it after i learn the codes it doesnt work, im using windows 7 32bit, what am i doing wrong, and i believe im using version 1.5.0.62 of irss, i cant find it in the program anywhere, and when i search for irss on the web i see this is the latest version, i think, thanks for the help

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK, I think I get it now.

You said you're using a HP blaster and remote. I'm not familiar. It has a distinct part for receiving IR signals and a separate part for blasting IR signals?

The reason I ask is because you said this:

its where it was when i learned the codes for my cable box remote

Have you tried moving the blaster portion to different spots? What type of set top box do you have?

Are you sure the codes are properly being learned?

We'll get you going, for sure.

g

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    yes it learned the codes, it said learned for 0-9 buttons, i have a pace rng150n[DOUBLEPOST=1368062411][/DOUBLEPOST]i decided to try and relearn the codes for my remote using translator, i went to the ir commands tab, hit new and when i hit learn it automatically says failed, i dont even get to do anything, not sure y this is happening

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Apparently, that device has a green light on the front that blinks when it receives IR signals:

https://www.pace.com/Documents/Manuals/ENG-M-RNG150N-200N-501-3340000-User.pdf page 11

So, if you hold the blaster anywhere in front of the STB, do you see the green light on the pace STB light? Do you see that light when you use your Pace STB remote?

You can simplify the testing and just open up a command window on your PC (Start->run ... cmd.exe) and run the command for IR blast manually.

I've read that some MCE devices have only a receiver with no blaster included... are you sure this device has a blaster?

g

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    i see the green light, i do see it when i change channels using the stb remote but not when trying to use my wmc remote, and it has a blaster, there are to blaster ports on the back of the receiver, im using port 1, here is the hp wmc remote and ir receiver, but like i said now when i hit new under the ir commands tab, and try to learn codes, when i hit learn it automatically goes to failed, but when im it the programs tab i can hit new and learn codes,, what is going on

51vDnvOgm7L._SY300_.jpg

Last edited:

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK...

Do you see your IR commands in this directory?

C:\ProgramData\IR Server Suite\IR Commands

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom