Please help me with IRSS Learning/Blasting problems. (1 Viewer)

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The IRBlast command with the -channel argument is looking for files named 0.IR, 1.IR, 2.IR, etc... the -channel breaks apart the full channel value and sends each signal separately.

If your learned codes are not named that way, then the -channel command won't work.

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    i dont have a ir commands folder[DOUBLEPOST=1368073782][/DOUBLEPOST]i deleted them from the ir commands tab, but like i said when i hit learn it says failed immediately, what do i do

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    You're learning in the Translator application, is that correct?

Are there any other applications open trying to use the device at the time you're learning?

Try rebooting your PC to see if it lets you learn the codes after a clean start.

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Yes I'm learning in the translator app, I don't recall having anything else running that is using translator, I'll check back in later when I get off from work

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    i do not have a folder named ir commands, inside of my ir server suite folder, i only have a plugins folder, also when i try to learn the codes for my remote in translator under the ir commands tab when i hit learn it automatically says failed, y is this, i dont have anything else open that is using translator, as another member asked. Thank you all

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK,

I'm pretty sure you're not looking in the correct directory that both mantec and I proposed.

C:\ProgramData\IR Server Suite\IR Commands

You're looking in the Program Files location... namely: C:\Program Files (x86)\IR Server Suite

As for it not learning now, please post the logs that are found in C:\ProgramData\IR Server Suite\Logs.

g

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Might help to mention ProgramData is a hidden folder.
    So, ordinarily you won't see those folders...
    However, copy and paste the full directory/folder paths posted by Geoff into the address bar in Windows Explorer, and you'll get there easily enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom