Please make "loading.." splash-screen optional (1 Viewer)

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
Where do you stop creating options to change?

What if I want to have two splash screens when my MP starts up? Or what if I want one when it starts, and one when it closes?

We should be trying to find REAL bugs and performance issues right now, not whining and bitching because a splash screen annoys us and we want to change it.

I think people have lost a bit of focus as far as MP goes and we're nitpicking about insignificant issues.

Which would you rather have.....a piece of software what is rock solild stable, or a flake with a user changable splash screen?

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
vbap said:
Khris, chill mate - you've responded to a comment made over 6 months ago!!!

LOL! Ya know.....there's nothing better then being able to admit to your own ignorance! :D

*inserts left foot, then right foot*

However, my last comment still stands. :)

Autoper

Portal Pro
January 24, 2005
Stavanger, Norway
As far as I can see there are no one demanding the devs to add new features. There are people talking about our hobby.
I don't know anything about coding MP to be more stable, but I have lots of ideas for making MP more complete and userfriendly. Some are good, some are not so good.

There are three things that will make MP the best HTPC app on the market: Stability, features and how user friendly it is.

One of the things that make MP outstanding are in fact the community.
Not everyone are experts in finding info, but others are helping them anyway, not just tellinng them to search an google for it. This is wery good because it makes the community open for everyone, not only the pros.

So what shall we do? Talk about fishing until MP is 100% stable?

The devs are doing a great job!

tklon

Portal Pro
September 3, 2004
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Create your own release if you can't live with the Splashscreen. You only need to comment some lines out of the code to kill it. If you can't do that, then don't demand it from the devs.

Perhaps you also post in the M$ or Corel or whatever forum that they remove all the Splashscreens from there applications.

I thought this topic was already closed.

A

Anonymous

Hi all

tklon, Khris

Topic is not closed cause it has a meaning...
I see people asking support for the most stupid things... (still waiting for someone asking to control one sex machine with MP :lol: )

I have to admit that MP splash screen is really ugly, and that is something that could be changed when you select a diferent skin.(automatic)
Theres some very nice brains here, that make wonderfull skins.. so...
Different skin, different splash... has anyone can see, the splash screen has nothing to do with the MP skins in terms of colors, graphics etc...its like we are loading a "home made 5 minutes" visual basic application and then a wonderfull window apears.
Corel splash have some similar colors or even acrobat have that similiar to the main window aplication...remove it or not is not an issue for me.
If skins are allowed to change apearence of MP why not also the splash screen... as long has it have MP logo in it.

If its only need to comment some lines out of the code to kill it.. then help people that doesnt like it and tell us where is that code..we can change that...its free for all.
Thats what we call comunity... helping... not criticising

Its not a mater of changing all the code.. but to let users change it like plugins do.

Sorry for my bad english

Keep up the good work
Goahead

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    goahead said:
    <snipped>
    I would like something like a desaturated picture from the MP main menu with a progressbar and MP info in front. Fast fading to a saturated picture from the MP main menu at the end of the loading time :D

Regards

Sounds cool. Hopefully such a feature will make it into place. Maybe in another release or two down the road? The developers are doing a great job and these suggestions/feature requests will turn MP into a fantastic app from the already good app it is today (well at least version 1.2).

Mike

reagan+carter

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    Nantes, FR
    I don't really want to revive this old thread, I just wanted to share this patch which permits the removal of the splash screen, on demand, without actually having to recompile the source code. It should be compatible with every available (and future) versions from the 0.2 branch, and even SVN snapshots.

Users who are viewing this thread