[Please Test] Add already watched ts buffer to recording (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugmenot

Portal Pro
January 13, 2007
Hey,
that is a feature i was really missing. But somehow I cant get it working.
1. create c:\\EnableRecordingFromTimeshift.txt (really in C: or somwhere in MP?)
2. TvNotifier (how do i enable that?)

spitjo

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Udine
Home Country
Italy Italy
At what point is the development of a stable solution that solves this problem?
I used TVE2 until recently, and I went to 3 because everyone said it was much more advanced. But if it lacks basic functions like this ...
I really hope that very soon be found the solution or I will be forced to leave MediaPortal (and believe me, I would not like at all)

spitjo

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Udine
Home Country
Italy Italy
OK
Tested it. Not working AT ALL

What i've done
-created an empty text file in c: named EnableRecordingFromTimeshift.txt
-downloaded the tool
-set the tvserver comskip plugin to run the tool at the end of recording task

What this patch do
-absolutlely NOTHING
no folders under timeshift folder or under recordings folder, and obv no buffer is added to recordings

I have timeshift & recordings folders under a dedicated disk, this can cause problems? (I put the text file also in the root of this disk)

Using Mediaportal 1.1 beta svn 24975

Help please, i REALLY need this

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    spitjo this patch used to work but not fully.

i got folders created with the appropiate files, however after trying it again it stopped working. havent tried it with RC1 though, but as long as the dev does not say if work is being put into this, more testing is worthless.

spitjo

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Udine
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    -created an empty text file in c: named EnableRecordingFromTimeshift.txt

The use of .txt files was dropped in the 30/11 SVN (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...9-21-44h-revision-24281-rar-74081/#post541480). You need to run MP configuration with the /DebugOptions parameter, then you'll find the option to enable it under the debug section of the tv settings.

//Johannes

Very useful info
    I'm planning the roolback to 1.0.2 due to extreme instability of 1.1 beta and rc (at least in my setup)
    Is possible to activate this patch in 1.0.2?

:D

EDIT: i followed your instructions and i found the option to activate, but the folder with the buffer is still not created

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is possible to activate this patch in 1.0.2?

This feature was first available in the 17/9 SVN build, so no.

EDIT: i followed your instructions and i found the option to activate, but the folder with the buffer is still not created

I haven't tried it for quite a while, but I never got it fully working either (as you can see on page 3).

//Johannes

spitjo

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Udine
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    thank you
    However, it is really inconceivable the lack of a basic function like this.
    I understand that 1.1 is in feature freeze, but I think that developers should seriously consider the reintroduction of features that already existed with the tv engine 2.
    For me I guess I will go to wmc7, and as I said, I regret very much.
    I have always considered MediaPortal the best frontend, but I no longer share the way that staff has undertaken.
    Moreover, the support given to the community has become very poor.
    Pardon the outburst, but I am really disappointed and embittered.

Bye

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    thank you
    I understand that 1.1 is in feature freeze, but I think that developers should seriously consider the reintroduction of features that already existed with the tv engine 2.
    I have always considered MediaPortal the best frontend, but I no longer share the way that staff has undertaken.

Bye

maybe support has become very poor as you say because user dont follow the procedures to report useful bug reports.

devs have focus on fixing bugs and if you try an old version, and then RC1 u will see they have made a great job

spitjo

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Udine
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    thank you

Bye

maybe support has become very poor as you say because user dont follow the procedures to report useful bug reports.

devs have focus on fixing bugs and if you try an old version, and then RC1 u will see they have made a great job

My experience is different.
    In more than one occasion I posted my problem, including logs and system specifications, only to see the post completely ignored.
    And not even agree with the progress made by recent versions. I would not have thought to go back to 1.0.2.
    The latest versions are very unstable, and as already mentioned, they lack basic functions for a PC used as a PVR.
    I really hope that with the 1.1 final MediaPortal can return the beautiful and stable program that was before the introduction of TV Engine 3, but unfortunately I am sure that will not happen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom