[Plugin] Axis Cameras 1.1.3 (08.02.2015)

hey__me

Portal Pro
March 12, 2009
I know that there are a million IP cameras out there and supporting them all would be a pretty big task. However, it would be neat if support for common residential focused cameras were available. I just picked up one of the new D-link DCS-932L.

Disore

Portal Pro
February 27, 2009
I know that there are a million IP cameras out there and supporting them all would be a pretty big task. However, it would be neat if support for common residential focused cameras were available. I just picked up one of the new D-link DCS-932L.
I've been thinking about it, and have written a issue about it.

However, supporting multiple brands is not easy. Here are some problems I will encounter:
  • Developing support for a specific brand will be hard if I don't own a camera of the brand myself
  • If a user encounters a problem with a brand I do not own, how will I be able to help him/her?
  • If implementing a new feature in the plugin, e.g. recording, I will have to make sure that the feature is supported with all supported brands, which means that the work required increases with the number of supported brands
  • I will have to learn the API of each and every brand I wish to support, that takes time

mts

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
AW: [Plugin] Axis Cameras 1.1.2 (11.09.2011)

Hi,

first of all thanks for this plugin, but I have a problem with it.
I could setup everything successfully, but when I try to watch a cam inside MP it show the message:
"Abspielen nicht möglich: MEDIA.AMP?VIDEOCODEC=H264 ..."
I have installed a h.264 codec and it's normaly working inside MP (I can watch HD-TV and HD-Videos).

Any suggestion?

thanks
mts

ok, solved it by myself.
I just had to install the axis activex-plugin

mts

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007

Unfortunately it's not working on all of my client-PCs.
On windows7 it's working now, but I'm actually not able to get it run on XP.

mts

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007

Axis RTP source filter [OK]
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Axis Communications\Components\AxisRTPSrcFilter.ax
File version: 3.0.4.2
Product version: 3.0.4.2

Embedded Axis RTP source filter [OK]
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Axis Communications\Components\AxisRTPSrcFilterEmb.ax
File version: 3.0.4.2
Product version: 3.0.4.2

Top Bottom