[Plugin] Axis Cameras 1.1.3 (08.02.2015) (1 Viewer)

Disore

Portal Pro
February 27, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Re: [Plugin] Axis Cameras 1.0 (23.02.2011)

I think it comes down to the fact that AXIS 2100 doesn't support MPEG-4 or H.264 but only M-JPEG. I have already created a issue regarding the problem, but should perhaps change the severity to critical.

What firmware version are you using? (the firmware version can probably be seen in the setup web-page of the camera).

If I start implementing support for your model, can I send you the plugin for you to try before making it official since I don't own a AXIS 2100?

jlgalindo

Portal Member
February 27, 2011

Hi disore,

I have thi ACTI Video Server ACTi Corporation  -  Products-ACD-2100 , my plans for my plugin is only to get the video from the camera, it's located at the door of my house and i want to view it from media portal when sombody ring the bell.

You can contact me if you need help for get help for Acti.

Thanks, I will browse for the code.

Poko

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Aha, thanks Disore, that would explain it! Yes, it's not the newest camera in the world ;)

Feb 27 21:57:24 axis2100 camd[20]: camd $Revision: 1.44 $ starting up
    Feb 27 21:57:24 axis2100 : Firmware release: Axis 2100 Network Camera 2.02

I wish that the Axis cameras were a bit cheaper, and I'd buy a bunch of them!

And yes, of course you can send me the plug-in to test. (Do you want my email address, or do it via the forum?)

Disore

Portal Pro
    February 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I hear you about them being expensive, you're preaching to the choir :)

I'll start working on it right away, but it will most certainly take some days. When I'm done, I'll PM you and ask for your e-mail. Hope that is ok with you?

Poko

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Yep, absolutely fine. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Out of interest, would it be very difficult to do this:?
    When the camera detects movement, whatever you're watching pauses, a pop-up appears on the screen saying "Movement detected on camera x, do you want to view?", and pressing a button on the remote would switch to the correct camera on your axis plug-in.

I do wonder whether you'd get pop ups appearing ALL the time (which would be intensely irritating)

Disore

Portal Pro
    February 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Your suggestion wouldn't be easy to implement, that I know for sure :) But I can't say whether it is hard, or even impossible, to implement it on the MediaPortal plugin framework without having do dig through a hole lot of code.

Sili79

March 11, 2011
    Home Country

Hi

i have and AXIS 241q which has has a quad video source on the one IP

I can only get the first souce is there a way to specifiy the source in the setup of a new camera?

thanks

Disore

Portal Pro
    February 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi

i have and AXIS 241q which has has a quad video source on the one IP

I can only get the first souce is there a way to specifiy the source in the setup of a new camera?

thanks

Not in version 1.0, but I am currently working on it. It has been described in the following issue. My estimates are that the next version of the plugin, supporting your 241Q, will be released next week, or the week after.

Would it be possible for me to send you the release for verification before making it official?

Disore

Portal Pro
    February 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Yeah that is fine to send to test

Can you PM me your e-mail address? I will be ready to send you new version of the plugin supporting video servers in the next couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom