[Plugin] Axis Cameras 1.1.3 (08.02.2015) (1 Viewer)

Disore

Portal Pro
February 27, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
hi,
I would like to use the plugin for EasyN and Foscam webcam, I use a password longer of 6 characters, is it possible to increase the number of characters?

You are able to enter a password of 8 characters.

Anything new about implementation of the AXIS 2100?
I am sorry to say that I likely won't support AXIS 2100. The reason is that the API (by Axis called VAPIX) is different from the other Axis cameras. The AXIS 2100 is a first generation camera, and Axis decided not to be forward compatible when developing the second generation cameras. On top of that, the first generation cameras are now discontinued.

I could invest a lot of time in supporting these cameras, but only if a lot of MediaPortal users were owning these cameras, and I do not know for a fact that this is true.

JFlo33

February 15, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi Disore, thanks for creating this great plug-in. However, I am unable to get it to work!! I installed and configured everything correctly it would seem however when I go into MP and try to access it, I get a "unable to play: media.amp" error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated while I continue to try and make it work. Also, do you know if its possible for an axis camera to be viewable from a WD TV Live box? The axis camera's I'm using are a Axis 232D+ and a Axis 214 PTZ. I'm also using Windows 7 64bit.

thanks!

Disore

Portal Pro
February 27, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi JFlo33.

Axis 232D+ and Axis 214 PTZ should be supported by the plugin. Can you please run this application on your computer and verify that Axis RTP filters are up to date?

I have no idea whether it is possible for a Axis camera to be viewable from a WD TV Live box, sorry.

JFlo33

February 15, 2012
Home Country
Hi Disore,

As requested:

Axis RTP source filter [OK]
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Axis Communications\Components\AxisRTPSrcFilter.a
x
File version: 3.0.4.2
Product version: 3.0.4.2
Embedded Axis RTP source filter [OK]
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Axis Communications\Components\AxisRTPSrcFilterEm
b.ax
File version: 3.0.4.2
Product version: 3.0.4.2
Press any key to continue...

JFlo33

February 15, 2012
Home Country
Yea, I'm able to use any web browser and watch/control the camera from it. I'm even able to stream to VLC from the camera and view it.

mts

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I had exactly the same problem.
My solution:
The plugin uses the axis activeX-plugin. When I used the IE to watch the cam, the activeX plugin was blocked. After I allowed the plugin permanently, the MP-plugin worked as well.

JFlo33

February 15, 2012
Home Country
Thanks MTS.. I checked and made sure the plug-in wasn't being blocked. I disabled it and re-enabled it with no success still.

Disore

Portal Pro
February 27, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Just to clarify, mts has it correct. The AXIS Media Control ActiveX component installs a couple of codecs when browsing to the camera's homepage and watching live view. Since ActiveX is a Microsoft technology not used by other browsers, I wanted to make sure you used IE. I know there was a problem with old versions of AXIS Media Control, solved by running IE as administrator before installing the ActiveX component.

It is also important to select H.264 and MPEG-4 on the live view home page, just making sure that those codecs are installed. The H.264 is only installed (I think) when the user selects to watch live view in H.264 format, not before. Being a pain in the ass, could you verify that both MPEG-4 and H.264 works in IE, assuming that your cameras feature both MPEG-4 and H.264.

If the plugin still isn't capable of displaying video, can you attach the MediaPortal logs, and I'll have a look.

JFlo33

February 15, 2012
Home Country
Yup verified that both H.264 and MPEG-4 was working. I did have to install the MPEG-4 codecs when I switched to that view. I was hoping that was going to fix it but still no luck. Here's the log error I get when its unable to display the camera. After installing that MPEG-4 codecs, I uninstalled the plugin and re-installed it as well and same result.

2012-02-16 09:16:30.427224 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: SKIN: Missing C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\DefaultWide\common.window.roundedges.xml
2012-02-16 09:16:47.470224 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: VideoPlayer9: Failed to render file -> vmr9
2012-02-16 09:17:02.848224 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: VideoPlayer9: Failed to render file -> vmr9

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom