[Plugin] Browse The Web / Webbrowser (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I have problems getting the default WebBrowser plugin for MediaPortal to work via InfoService direct link (it always opens up default homepage) on Vista 64-bit (works fine on XP 32-bit), so figured I give this one a try.

My HTPC remote has perfect mouse emulation, so I usually prefer to use that for navigating, but on testing on this development box, I found that when mouse mode is enabled, that it doesn't always work smooth. The Google News page for example, all the links at the left side work fine and load the respective Google News pages, but any actual news item link in the main area or on right side fail to load.

The center area does slide open up the AJAX based view, but any actual links fail to work. I do see part of the link it wants to load in the statusbar, but it remains there and does not load.

When disabling mouse mode and doing the same via 2+4+U ("24" just happened to be one of the news links), everything loaded fine.

Let me know if I can enable any option to help more in debugging (in the weird event you are not able to reproduce this yourself). I did see the option in config to enable more statusbar debugging, but not sure if that is all saved in log files, otherwise I can't exactly copy and paste it back to you in an easy way.

marshal45

November 23, 2011
    Re: AW: [Plugin] Browse The Web / Webbrowser

And a last quest, when i click in infoservice plugin on an rss feed, he do not open the browser he jumps back after an blackscreen to the infoservice plugin. Is this a infoservice problem or a browse the web ?

It does work for me. I'm using InfoService v1.6.6.230 and Browse the Web v0.3.2.0

Did you change the browser setting to 'Browse the Web' in the InfoService plugin? It's on the Advanced Config page.

robcarter

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2010
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi

I have just done a clean install of media portal, but when I try to install browse the web the installer crashes when i click 'next' to go to the configuration page, with a windows message saying the program has crashed:

Description:
    Stopped working

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: mpeinstaller.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.2.1.0
    Problem Signature 03: 4e7d7262
    Problem Signature 04: Skybound.Gecko
    Problem Signature 05: 1.9.1.1
    Problem Signature 06: 4e6884e0
    Problem Signature 07: 6c
    Problem Signature 08: 0
    Problem Signature 09: System.DllNotFoundException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 2057

Next time i run media portal it crashes, I have to delete the browsetheweb dll file to make mediaportal run again.
    Can anyone shed any light on this, I tried looking for logs but couldn't find any related to the installer.

regards
    rob carter

chschs

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2009
    Nürnberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Plugin] Browse The Web / Webbrowser

BrowseTheWeb plugin works fine so far.
    I was looking up the forum - hope nobody has reported this so far.

But on *certain* webpages the link function (click on buttons by the number ID) does not work.
    (see screenshot)

The problem seems to be the missing slash ('/').
    It looks like the plugin tries to delete the last one. But this would be only good if the slash is the last character of the url.

Using the mouse or open the webpage in a normal browser - no problem.
    If you want to try: the url is in the hardcopy below...

Attachments

• browsetheweb.jpg
      browsetheweb.jpg
      137 KB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi chschs, regarding your post above (I think its your homepage) is seen as advertising spam.
    You now have the chance to edit your post and delete the spam, or I will do it and maybe ban your user account for some time.

chschs

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2009
    Nürnberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi chschs, regarding your post above (I think its your homepage) is seen as advertising spam.
    You now have the chance to edit your post and delete the spam, or I will do it and maybe ban your user account for some time.

I have edited. Better now?
    Otherwise how should somebody reproduce.
    Have some websites with no problem. But this simple one causes problems.

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: AW: [Plugin] Browse The Web / Webbrowser

[...]
    The problem seems to be the missing slash ('/').
    It looks like the plugin tries to delete the last one. But this would be only good if the slash is the last character of the url.
    I think this has been reported before, I'm not sure if anyone is actively working on this plugin, but let's hope it gets fixed one day. The actual problem is with relative URLs, which don't seem to be handled properly; they should be appended to the server URL with a "/" inbetween, but the "/" is missing.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I've got a minor focus issue on the bookmarks. Don't know exactly how and what, but it's explained here

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I just started using this plugin and works so far. I have one issue though.

I want to use the mouse when browsing, so I enabled that option in the plugin. But when I open the plugin in mediaportal and I am finished with browsing, the mouse cursor stays visible in Mediaportal. Everywhere I go! Only a restart of mediaportal makes it go away. Is there a way to fix that? :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom