[Plugin] Browse The Web / Webbrowser (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekko

Portal Member
February 9, 2012
I can't get this plugin to install. When I try to install it (both by download and through the MediaPortal Extension Installer) I get the following error messages:

Dependency Check Error
No mediaPortal dependency found!
No plugin dependencies found!

Being a new user, I'm not really up to speed with the program yet and this may be simple to fix but I don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Plugin] Browse The Web / Webbrowser

Hi everyone,

i cant get the Plugin to work! If i open the Browser he shows ma default webpage but i am not able to do anything. it seems that the plugin doesnt recognize keystroke. i also cant get out of the browser. the only way to get out is to kill the MP Process with the taskmanager :(.
    Somebody may had the same problem?

ekko

Portal Member
    February 9, 2012
    Re: AW: [Plugin] Browse The Web / Webbrowser

legnod,
    I'm extremely new to MP and have only been using it for a few hours, so I'm no expert whatsoever. However, I did have the same problem you're having (if I understand you correctly) but was able to get things off the ground by doing a couple things. One, import your favorite bookmarks from either IE, FireFox or Chrome. That way you have URLs to navigate to. Next, have Webbrowser launch from the Home screen rather than the Plugins screen. When I first installed Webbrowser I put it in the Plugins section but wasn't able to find it. If you want to bring up your bookmarks, hit the F3 key. If you want to go back to a previous screen, hit the Esc key.

So far, this is all I know but at least I'm not staring at the MA default page anymore :)

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your reply ekko, But my problem is that no keystroke seems to work. I use an Harmony ONE Remote but for testing the browser i use a keyboard and no keystroke seems to be recognized. ESC / Back is not working, so i have no chance so get out of the plugin :(.

EDIT: Ok now it is working...a bit :). I now can select link IDs, type in URLs and exit the Browser...BUT it only works if i push the "stop" button on my remote after the plugin has loaded. After the Button is pressed, the Status Bar shows up and everything is working. In the configuration menu i selected "show status bar as default" but that doesnt have any effect :(. Somebody got a solution fot this problem?

THX in advance!

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I just started using this plugin and works so far. I have one issue though.

I want to use the mouse when browsing, so I enabled that option in the plugin. But when I open the plugin in mediaportal and I am finished with browsing, the mouse cursor stays visible in Mediaportal. Everywhere I go! Only a restart of mediaportal makes it go away. Is there a way to fix that? :D

Anyone?

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Plugin] Browse The Web / Webbrowser

Yes here to. I had posted here sometimes even but until now no reaction. I'm just using the mouse to the right of the screen then it's gone too

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes here to. I had posted here sometimes even but until now no reaction. I'm just using the mouse to the right of the screen then it's gone too

I do that too, but sometimes it reappears in the middle. Still annoying.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is anyone else having trouble browsing the new forum? A lot of the links give me a "forum.team-mediaportal.com<pagename> could not be found.

It seems that the separating "/" is missing here

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom