Plugin: CEC remote for MP2 (2 Viewers)

eggmoe

Portal Member
August 5, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi. I just got a pulse eight USB adapter, plugged it all in. My TV sees the adapter. I downloaded CECRemote. When running the CECRemote_1.0.exe I get a Failure CECRmote 1.0 not installed. I'm trying to install CECRemote on my MP2 client. Are there any prerequisites or anything else of the sort that you think I may be doing wrong?

Thanks!

eggmoe

Portal Member
August 5, 2015
Home Country
-
OK I got it to install (run as admin) but now it crashes MP2 when it is loading.[DOUBLEPOST=1439341162][/DOUBLEPOST]Attached is error log file. Also while I'm at it... could someone send me steps to get CECRemote working with my TV remote. I'm really new at this. I've also ordered a RC6 remote and receiver and I'll decide what to use based on my testing, but it would be cool to use Vizio TV, or Harmony 650 remote with CEC. My current Harmony 650 with Flirc worked pretty good with MP1 but not so good with MP2.
Thanks Sincerely.

Last edited:

gijoe73

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, maybe a stupid question.....who cares

Did you installed the libcec and the Driver on your Machine ?

eggmoe

Portal Member
    August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    I don't know who cares... Just looking for some help, maybe I rambled on a bit too much, sorry. Maybe I should have posted this in the newcomers forum? anyway... Yes I did install the libcec and driver.

gijoe73

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there still this cec test program included within the Pulse eight software ? So we could be sure that there is no problem with the Software. You could try to use an other Usb port for the CEC Adapter and see whats Happening.

eggmoe

Portal Member
    August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Yes I did try the cec test app all appears to be good there I think. I see references to my TV, and in my TV Menu it sees the CEC Adapter. If I understand correctly CECRemote is needed to be plugged in to MP2 for remote to work? If so I think CECRemote is my problem because I can not get it to plugin to MP2. See above error log (3 posts up). But maybe I do not have the the prerequisites in order yet.

Mario1976

Portal Member
    August 30, 2015
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello eggmoe,

did you finally get your USB-CEC Adapter running? I received mine yesterday and it seems that I ran into the same problem, since I see the same error in my logfile. I checked with Process Monitor where it's trying to search for the dll-Files but it seems it's accessing them in the correct location. The Driver is working, since I can see the key presses on the remote in the test-app which is shipped with libcec.

I'm a little bit confused about the many available libcec Versions but I don't think that it's relevant at all, since CECRemote installs it's own libcec-binaries V2.1.3 into the plugin Folder and only those are accessed from what I can tell from the ProcMon-Log.

I also tried copying over different libcec versions into the plugin Directory, but that also didn't help, the MP2-Client always crashes on Startup as Long as the plugin is there.

In Device Manager it's listed as "Pulse-Eight USB to HDMI CEC Adapter (rev.2)", not sure if the rev.2 refers to the Firmware Version. But to be on the safe side I didn't try to update the Firmware to the available version 4 but I'm not sure how to tell which Firmware Version it's currently running.

Currently running MP2 Summer Update 1 on Windows 8.1.

eggmoe

Portal Member
    August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    No I never got CECRemote to work. I decided to use a RC6 remote with MP2, that worked very well. I wanted to use my Flirc but it seems like MP2 does not emulate keyboard settings like MP1, or I just don't know what I'm doing (most probable)... Actually I switched back to MP1. I'll probably try MP2 again after a few more Revs...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Small update: I've got the source codes from Manfred and will try to post a working version soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom