[Plugin] Chess (1 Viewer)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Chess for MP1.4
atatched the chess.dll compiled for MP1.4. I only changed the version number in AssemblInfo.cs.

Attachments

• Chess.zip
    20.6 KB

Nexon

Portal Member
August 23, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
I got the new chess.dll from huha, thanks man!

However, could someone provide me with the remaining files needed for this plugin?

The .mpe1 file provided by catavolt only works for MP 1.2 and the .rar file uploaded by SilentException doesn't seem to work for me either. Still getting errors when trying to configure the plugin and the whole functionality of the game is missing inside MP.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, here you go with the necessary Chess files for DefaultWide ;)
    Copy the content of the ZIP file into the DefaultWide directory ;)

Attachments

• My Chess for DefaultWide.zip
      569.6 KB

Nexon

Portal Member
    August 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Much obliged, but I'm afraid this is not what I wanted. I already have the necessary skin files for the skin I'm using and modified them a bit.

I'm looking for the files that make the game actually work. I can open the game inside MP and the interface works fine as far as I can tell but I can't play it. The timers don't count up, I can't adjust the level and the computer doesn't do anything and so on. Right now I only have the skin files and the new DLL but there's obviously more.

Wirklich schade, dass das Plugin nicht mehr soviel Aufmerksamkeit bekommt. ;)

Nexon

Portal Member
    August 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, works like a charm.

Turns out that I already had those files after all but I put them in the wrong place. My bad.

I'm kinda disappointed that you can only play against the computer. Would be nice if there was an option for two players sitting in front of the TV were both of them just hand over the remote (or any other input device) to control the pawns. Well, maybe someone will add that sometime.

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Pity this has stopped development.

Playing chess on the big screen while listening to some music is nice so I needed something that works a little better. I found DreamChess which is free/open source and works well with directional controls so good with the remote.

Some tips: I use IRSS for my remote so remote presses are passed as keys system wide. Also I use the Emulators plugin to launch the game.

Last edited:

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Chess for MP1.6
    attached the chess.dll compiled for MP1.6. I only changed the version number in AssemblInfo.cs and the .net framework 4.0.

Attachments

• Chess.zip
      20.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom