Plugin for Spotify (1 Viewer)

peterbird

Portal Member
November 15, 2006
Thanks for the feedback!

Peterbird:
As for mixing spotify music with the local library, yes, this is definetively in scope. Technically (at least on the spotymp side) this is possible to do already now. The songs are streamed through a local web server (i.e. appears to MediaPortal as web radio streams) and can be accessed from anywhere in MediaPortal (as long as the account is logged in of course). I'll try to implement this in a reliable way as soon as the the basic functionality is stable and working.

That sounds great. If you do that I have some more suggestions that would be really cool.

1. When in the main audio library and you select an artist add an option to search and then browse that artist on spotify

2. Similar to 1 but instead of browsing the artist search Spotify for the similar/related artists. I dont know if the spotify api already gives you access to similar artists but if so this would be a great way to discover new music.

3. Similar to 1 again but now let it play the spotify artist radio for that artist.

peter

Oh and you most likely already know this but just to make sure there is now also an official version libspotify version for windows. And I just read that the new version of the api also supports searching for radios.

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi cmn!

Sorry that i haven't replied anything yet, but i had to leave earlier for work offshore, so i won't be able to do anything constructive for the next 5 weeks. Enough about that...

I'm just curious about the way your plugin is getting it's data, as i understand you're using #Spot? What are the benefits of using that compared to Spotify's own API, libspotify or libspotify-sharp? Just thinking that Spotify's own libraries are a bit more reliable, but i don't know...

btw, did actually test the plugin, and it did look promising, even though it needs some polishing. keep up the good work, a reliable Spotify plugin is the only thing keeping me from using MP as a fulltime HTPC application =)

Mrbougles

Portal Member
January 13, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thanks CMN for the fast reply, I dont think it is the AMPed skin that is causing me difficulty as i reverted back to blue3wide last night for a test and i get exactly the same result.. I also tried changing the revision and release number in the config to mimic my spotify version but that didnt make any difference. I only installed spotify for the first time on my HTPC last night - has anyone else got this plugin working effectively with the latest version of spotify client? Ill post a screenshot in a minute.

Thanks once again.

Mrbougles

Portal Member
January 13, 2007
Home Country
Screenshots Attached as promised in previous thread

Attachments

• login.JPG
    login.JPG
    57.5 KB
  • no search results.JPG
    no search results.JPG
    35.3 KB
  • search2.JPG
    search2.JPG
    215.2 KB
  • Play Queue2.JPG
    Play Queue2.JPG
    125.5 KB

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Mine looks exactly the same as Mrbougles using Spotify 0.4.3.383.g278a6e51 too. Do we need a premium account to use this plugin?

cmn

Portal Member
    April 11, 2010
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    wonkyd:
    Yes, a premium account is needed. I'm surprised that you got past the login screen if you don't have one... :)

hulkhaugen:
    The official libspotify API doesn't support Windows so it's not really an option right now. There is an alternative called openlibspotify (or something), but it (strangely enough) doesn't support playlist modifications which is a feature that I personally want to have.

In either case, #Spot has a great advantage in that it's written in C# (same as MediaPortal), and for the record I've had almost no issues at all with it, kudos to jackjson for that!

peterbird

Portal Member
    November 15, 2006
    hulkhaugen:
    The official libspotify API doesn't support Windows so it's not really an option right now. There is an alternative called openlibspotify (or something), but it (strangely enough) doesn't support playlist modifications which is a feature that I personally want to have.

As I said above there is a windows version now for the new 0.0.4 version of the api. See Overview - Spotify - Developers' home

If they keep #spot updated for new versions of the api your probably right to stick by it because of it using c#.

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2009
    An extra cool feature (maybe through external config like MovingPictures does) would be the following (as most of my fellow co-forumers noticed) :
    -defining a list of artists
    -defining a list of albums (as you noticed, most albums aren't regular albums)

This way, using the plugin, one could browse an album collection naturally.
    Using a HTPC case with a LCD screen, this could give me a way of browsing my collection without having to turn on my TV.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    wonkyd:
    Yes, a premium account is needed. I'm surprised that you got past the login screen if you don't have one... :)

:oops: hmm that might have something to do with it then! thanks anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom