about/help > version > 0.4.3.369.gd0ec4115
can't seem to find a revision number

cmn

Portal Member
April 11, 2010
Sydney
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Appears you are one of the lucky ones that have been selected for upgrade to to spotify version 4.

Try with client revision number 15483157.

I can log in using this, and it matches the number in your about box (0xEC4115) so it looks promising.

cmn

Portal Member
April 11, 2010
Sydney
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I've updated the rar package on sourceforge so that it's also possible to set a client version in the configuration dialog.

I've no idea if it'll make any difference, but you could try with 0.4.3.369

cmn

Portal Member
April 11, 2010
Sydney
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I'm thankful for your patience!

Logging is still on my TODO-list so it wouldn't help much right now :)

The client version number seems to have no effect whatsoever so I think we can forget about that.

Hopefully there will be some buzz around the interwebs about this issue once more people have upgraded to spotify 4. As far as I can tell any third party client based on Despotify or its derivates should have the same problem.

One last thing to try is revision number -789823211. If that doesn't work I think I have to throw in the towel, at least until I start getting the same error message with my account.

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
October 5, 2009
indeed :)
god, did I say your plugin rocks? ;)
just one problem : I can browse through my playlists, search and so on, but can't ear a sound

cmn

Portal Member
April 11, 2010
Sydney
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
So it worked with the negative revision number? Looking back that should probably have been the first thing to try rather than the last.

But sound should should be considered a bonus, I'm sure you have heard all your songs already anyway ;)

Some questions to pinpoint the problem:
Do you get an error message saying something like: abadas323jasdag can not be played?
Does the standard music overlay (play logo/timer/cover/visualization) appear?
Does the current track cover/timer appear on the menu (below the buttons)?
Is the current track title printed in a darker colour in the play queue window?
Does prev/next seem to have any effect, like moving the current track marker/updating the current track cover?

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
October 5, 2009
Indeed, I know them all by heart, guess I don't need that plugin anyway ;)
Everything else seems to be working perfectly and I even get the "playing" message (with my track name, vizualization and duration changing)
One question, should spotify client be launched? (manually? automatically? don't care?)

Attachments

• queen.png
    queen.png
    563.2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom