plugin for the website wwitv.com? (1 Viewer)

PalmBayChuck

Portal Member
March 18, 2007
Boy, I must be a real moron

I have MP 0.2.2.0 loaded and it's working great. Now I'm trying to get this plugin working. I think I've followed the directions correctly. I've copied the DLL into the Plugins\Windows dir. The XML file into the Skins dir and the PNGs into the Skins\Media dir.

But when I run MP, I can't find this tool. I'm looking under plugins and see only two games. (Sudoku and Tetris).

What am I don't wrong?

By the way, I love MP.

Update: I figured it out. I used the MediaPortal Settings applet to change the wwitv from the Plugins screen the Home screen. It appeared and works great! Thanks guys!!!

PalmBayChuck

Portal Member
March 18, 2007
A question about plugin behavior

From reading this entire thread, I gather that the plugin stores the downloaded channels (which are now grabbed from wwitv via a TXT file) in a local XML file.

I'm finding that my downloaded channles are not being stored. Neither are my favorites.

Do the files get written upon MediaPortal exit? Or upon TXT file download? Just curious.

Also, what is the difference between the SVN version and the non-SVN version? If it matters, I'm using the SVN version and it seems to be working fine (except for the channel storage issue which I mentioned above).

Thanks! This is a great plug-in by the way.

Globoxrocks

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
xml

You need the svn version of the plugin ( in the zipfile ) if you use the svn version of mediaportal. svn version of mediaportal (sort of beta version ). They made some changes between the stable version and the svn version ( some code has been put somewhere else ) that is why there is an svn version of the plugin. As the svn version becomes the stable version this difference is gone and we can use one plugin again.

About the virus warning with nod32 trial version. Wwitv could also not see anaything about the channelname i mentioned. So maybe i change the plugin although i think the problem is nod32 but people who may not read this topic could be get scared of this warning and blame mediaportal. Could someone ask nod32 for an explaination i am curious to know their reason and is there someone with a non trial version and does he also get the warning.

Globoxrocks

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
nod32

today wanted to change the code but then i thought why this is not the right way. So i send an email to nod32 to ask for a reason why their software marks the xml as a virus jist because of one channelname.

Globoxrocks

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
nod32

till now i got no single reaction confirmation of receiving the mail. So i decided for now to change the plugin. so you can download it at the plugin section.

I changed the channel name of Hmall Shop TV to Hmall Shop-TV. Then no warning. The strange thing is when you refresh and then save it to the xml with favorites it also does not give a warning. So why the warning i do not know maybe they screen for some tekst and i do not know anything about the Hmall Shop TV channel itself. But my first reaction is why nod32 why.

But not to harm the name of mediaportal i decided to make this change and maybe i get a reaction of nod32.

By the way you can reproduce it yourself make a tekstfile change extension to xml. Then type the text: <entry name="ChannelName">Hmall Shop TV</entry> and push return and close/save the file. voila.

Globoxrocks

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
channel update

today i asked wwitv how often they would update the channeldata. They said they would do it once a week ( around weekend ). So the wwitv website is updates daily but the mediacenter data once a week. So if you see a channel added at the website you have to wait a few days for mediaportal. After all we may be happy they give us the opportunity to share their streams in mediaportal. They just did their weekly update this evening.

Globoxrocks

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
wwitv favorites

I decided to make subcategories for favorites. I think most people use only a few countries and always have to get through al the countries. People who want to test can send me a pm with their email.

So now you can add countries, categories to your favorites besides individual channels.

So when you click favorites you get the next list:
- country
- channel
- category

when you click one of them you get a list of your favorites. So when you click country you get for instance.

- Sweden
- Netherlands

when you click netherlands you get all the channels. So when you push refresh channel you also get the new one for that country. Only when you change language ( button language ) it does not work anymore. Then you have to add the country again in your new language and can remove the old one but this seems logic to me.

when you click channel you get the same as the current version ( a list of favorite channels )

when you click category you get for instance
- sports
- webcams

MSMP

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Okotoks, Alberta (foothills of the Rocky Mountains
Home Country
Canada Canada
Thanks for forwarding code globo.
At first sight it seems to work fine.
I'm personally a big fan of the Project Mayhem 3 skin, so I changed the headers and settings in the xml file for wwitv to make it a bit more confirm to this skin.

I've attached the file in a posting for the mayhem 3-skin development

Quick link:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6064&d=1176325381

Globoxrocks

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
thanks for the skin i shall look at it. But what do you want me to do with it. I can do it in the package. But i do not if you develop the skin. But what saw is that they changed the skins themselves if i changed something to my plugin. So i chooise to keep it this way. Because the skins are constantly deleloped there might occur problems if the skin project updates the wwitv skin and i still deliver the old one there could be some misunderstanding among users.

Thanks for testing. Dit you try the new favorites system ? ( saving country or a category as a fouvorite for instance ? ) cause thats what i changed in the test plugin i send you.

Globox

MSMP

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Okotoks, Alberta (foothills of the Rocky Mountains
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi, globox

I just shared the updated xml for the Mayhem 3 skin for other users of this skin. Nothing essential has been changed, just layout, graphics and positions of fields to match the particular skin. And yes I think you should be careful adding it to the package.. However, the default skin also changes with new svn. It seems that the project mayhem 3 is final and won’t change much except for new plug-ins that are developed with only the default skin. I don’t think it would harm to use it.

Yes I did test the favourite section. It seems to work ok. However one thing I've noticed. For unknown reason the favourite-country list got filled up with 15 the same entries of the same country. And I can't delete them. (They all work though LOL) If I’m not mistaken, this happened when I tried to delete an unwanted selection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom