[plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager (1 Viewer)

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    About confirmations: You can add the delete confirmation and then option in configuration to enable / disable all confirmations..

And thanks for the other stuff ;)

One more idea. Plugin file explorer has useful feature called "select mode" where you can then select multiple items in list control and then operate with them.. This would certainly be handy here when deleting/moving/copying multiple messages.. If you need extra info, let me know..

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    About confirmations: You can add the delete confirmation and then option in configuration to enable / disable all confirmations..

And thanks for the other stuff ;)

One more idea. Plugin file explorer has useful feature called "select mode" where you can then select multiple items in list control and then operate with them.. This would certainly be handy here when deleting/moving/copying multiple messages.. If you need extra info, let me know..

I think what I will do is add an option to the config to allow folks to turn confirmations on or off. That way it will keep everyone happy (this is due to many people HIGHLY requesting me to turn off delete confirmations.)

Thanks again!
    Wile E.

Richardd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 16, 2009
    Reusel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for this plugin! Probably not easily programmed but is it possible in the future to open attachements with Email Manager?

Hey Richardd,
    This has been requested a few times before, and I have started looking into it again. Which sort of attachments were you interested in opening? (Pictures, MS Word, text files, etc...)

Thanks

Hi WileECoyote,

Default program for the extension would be great, but I mostly get PPS-files or little movies I would like to watch on my TV.
    Keep up the good work!

Richard

djLyli

Portal Pro
    June 3, 2010
    Opole Lub.
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    In my mail does not download. The first time is no longer so later for that lack of support Polish characters but a lot of cool plug-in problems.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey Guys,
    I'm torn, but I have decided to move on to XBMC and pass my My Email Manager code onto someone else. You can read my Retirement post here -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...7/retiring-mediaportal-passing-my-code-84437/

If anyone is interested in taking over the development of My Email Manager, please PM me and I will be happy to pass along any/all of the code I have...

Thanks for all the support and good luck!
    Wile E.

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    WileE, can I make you a last request? :oops:

Does the Maya skin file included in the plugin work correctly? The skin file work correctly for me except when I try to open the "folder" menu (left arrow in Maya) using a Gmail account. I can see anything then, no Gmail account folders at all. Does it only happen to me?

Many thanks for all your hard work and good luck with your XBMC adventure.

Best wishes,

Aitor

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager

Hi together,

I was wondering about the fact that emails (imap mail account) in the different folders only shown if there is any new mail in. have emails been marked as read no emails are shown?!

if there comes a new mail all mails are shown again. if i leave the plug and select it again, the (all) folders is empty. Using a pop3 accounts the plug in works as expected.

So is this a bug (I would say yes) or works the plug as designed (for imap mail accounts)

Regards Juro

Tazzios

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: [plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager

Hi together,

I was wondering about the fact that emails (imap mail account) in the different folders only shown if there is any new mail in. have emails been marked as read no emails are shown?!

if there comes a new mail all mails are shown again. if i leave the plug and select it again, the (all) folders is empty. Using a pop3 accounts the plug in works as expected.

So is this a bug (I would say yes) or works the plug as designed (for imap mail accounts)

Regards Juro

It`s no bug.

basically:
    -IMAP is design for storing mail so that you can have the same mailbox on more clients.(client/server solution).
    -POP3 is just a temporary box that your client can empty.

For more information about the different google is your friend.

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: [plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager

Hi together,

Regards Juro

It`s no bug.

basically:
    -IMAP is design for storing mail so that you can have the same mailbox on more clients.(client/server solution).
    -POP3 is just a temporary box that your client can empty.

For more information about the different google is your friend.

Hi Tazzios

thanks for explaning me pop3 and imap.

imap stores mails online. This fact has nothing to do with the beahviour of the plug in that only new mails are shown and not all the mails which are stored online?!

yudicuba

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Re : [plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager

hi all,
    does someone knows how to change the fanart of this ???

thans

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom