[plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager (1 Viewer)

vrm

Portal Pro
November 7, 2009
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Whaha,...

we both missed this line in the first post:
Please delete your eMail database before trying 1.0.1 RC 1 or later.

True :D

<selectedColor>00ffffff</selectedColor> (This is the color of the selected item) - If I change it or even delete it, nothing happens
<textcolor>ffffffff</textcolor> (This is the color if the mail IS read) - If I change it or even delete it, nothing happens
<playedColor>ffa0d0ff</playedColor> (This is the color if the mail is NOT read) - It works, althought I don't want to change the color of unread messages. It's ok when they are white. However unread messges would look cool in gray. That gray that appears on unread messages when I delete <playedcolor>.
Or... no colors at all :)

:D for having back the green dot!

Something has changed. I can no longer select folders in the left side with keyboard or RC.
XML needs some fix.
Listcontrol <onleft>10</onleft> must be changed to <onleft>52</onleft>

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Something has changed. I can no longer select folders in the left side with keyboard or RC.
    XML needs some fix.
    Listcontrol <onleft>10</onleft> must be changed to <onleft>52</onleft>

Hey VRM,
    Sorry about that, I removed some hard coding that was giving me issues with the Maya skin. I should have had the skin handle it in the first place.

I will fix the skin files and put out a new version today...

Thanks,
    Wile E.

I just put the code back in for now, and attached the new version to the first post...

bertonev6

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2010
    Odenwald
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

i use some Accounts at Strato. With Outlook IMAP is working fine but with Mediaportal no IMAP-Plugin is working.
    With POP3 the Inbox is working but i dont know how to switch my E-Mail accounts.
    I installed two Accounts and in the Config the Connection is Tested good.

How can I switch between the accounts???:eek:

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hello,

i use some Accounts at Strato. With Outlook IMAP is working fine but with Mediaportal no IMAP-Plugin is working.
    With POP3 the Inbox is working but i dont know how to switch my E-Mail accounts.
    I installed two Accounts and in the Config the Connection is Tested good.

How can I switch between the accounts???:eek:

Hey bertonev,
    If you hit the F9 key or if you are using an MCE remote you can hit the 'i' button to bring up the context menu. The first option on the menu is Switch Accounts.

Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update...

I have uploaded version 1.0.1 in the Plugins area. The biggest change from the RC versions is fixing bugs releated to message information not updating after a message was deleted/moved. It should be available shortly.

Please remember to delete your old database if you are upgrading from version 1.0.

Please feel free to post if you have any issues/questions.

Thanks!
    Wile E.

Richardd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 16, 2009
    Reusel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for this plugin! Probably not easily programmed but is it possible in the future to open attachements with Email Manager?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Thanks for this plugin! Probably not easily programmed but is it possible in the future to open attachements with Email Manager?

Hey Richardd,
    This has been requested a few times before, and I have started looking into it again. Which sort of attachments were you interested in opening? (Pictures, MS Word, text files, etc...)

Thanks

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Perhaps, just open the attachment with the default viewer (system).

I would just like to address a few minor things :)

* Key 0 - usually this is delete key, perhaps you can add that binding..

* Confirmation messages.. there is a confirmation message if you're moving or copying message to a folder but there is none if you're deleting message? That doesn't sound right :)

* Sorting of folders.. Uppercase/lowercase shouldn't make difference. For example, I have following folders on GMail: Paypal, Personal, Travel, Work, eBay and the eBay is listed last.. Yet it should be right under INBOX..

Thanks for the very nice plugin!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Perhaps, just open the attachment with the default viewer (system).

Hey SilentExcept,
    Thanks for the feedback. The attachment is something I have been working on, but have not found a good solution for just yet. I will keep plugging away though... :)

* Key 0 - usually this is delete key, perhaps you can add that binding..

I can add that key to be a delete key also...

* Confirmation messages.. there is a confirmation message if you're moving or copying message to a folder but there is none if you're deleting message? That doesn't sound right :)

This has been a debate since the start of the plugin. Some want confirmation, others dont. What we have now is what folks settled on. I can remove the confirmation from the moving & copying if you like?

* Sorting of folders.. Uppercase/lowercase shouldn't make difference. For example, I have following folders on GMail: Paypal, Personal, Travel, Work, eBay and the eBay is listed last.. Yet it should be right under INBOX..

I dont sort the GMail folders (or any IMAP folders), I just post the Inbox on top and the rest in the order the IMAP server gives them to me. I guess since mine were already in order I didnt pay it much mind. I will look into sorting the folders.

Thanks again!
    Wile E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom