[plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager (1 Viewer)

blitzkrg

Portal Pro
January 31, 2007
damn.. my bad, Yeah it's working now. I was out of town for a few days and when i came back, I just looked at the 1st post and the most recent post..
sorry about that.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    damn.. my bad, Yeah it's working now. I was out of town for a few days and when i came back, I just looked at the 1st post and the most recent post..
    sorry about that.

No worries... Thats one bad thing about releasing beta versions, when things change sometimes not everyone is up to date.

vrm

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Plugin works fine, but...

I could do a pre-check to see if there are no messages in the POP table (meaning this is the first 'get') and mark all messages seen.

...what about this one? :D

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Plugin works fine, but...

I could do a pre-check to see if there are no messages in the POP table (meaning this is the first 'get') and mark all messages seen.

...what about this one? :D

I'm getting there :)

Instead of adding an additional check each time new mail is retrieved, I thought about a button on the config screen that "Imports" pop messages. That import would pull all the messages for the first time and mark them as read/seen.

I was also thinking about adding an option for "Sound an alert when new messages arrive". Or should I piggy back the sound with one of the other options? I personally would like the audible alert and not the visual alert (pop-up.)

Thoughts?

Just wanted to say thanks for the plugin! Very useful.:D
    Steve

Thanks Steve, I appreciate the feedback!

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Steve, I appreciate the feedback!

WileECoyote your very welcome!

How about 1 button delete?
    Is it possible to show read and unread messages in a different color text?

Steve

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update...

I just uploaded version 0.6. Since there was yet another database change, please delete your old database before installing the 0.6 version. It has the following features...

- Refactored the way Accounts were being handled (If you renamed a POP3 Account you would lose all messages.)
    - Refactored Config screen to allow a few more options.
    - Added checkbox to sound an alert when new messages arrive.
    - Added single key delete. The 'd' key will delete a message without prompting.
    - Added POP3 Mail import on config screen (To import pop3 messages with the status of read/seen.)

I refactored a lot of code in this version. Try it out and post any issues with logs.

I left the old versions in case there are serious issues with the 0.6 version...

Wile E.

vrm

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Update...

I just uploaded version 0.6. Since there was yet another database change, please delete your old database before installing the 0.6 version. It has the following features...

- Refactored the way Accounts were being handled (If you renamed a POP3 Account you would lose all messages.)
    - Refactored Config screen to allow a few more options.
    - Added checkbox to sound an alert when new messages arrive.
    - Added single key delete. The 'd' key will delete a message without prompting.
    - Added POP3 Mail import on config screen (To import pop3 messages with the status of read/seen.)

I refactored a lot of code in this version. Try it out and post any issues with logs.

I left the old versions in case there are serious issues with the 0.6 version...

Wile E.

I add an account, save the config, start MP, it's OK.
    I start again the Configurator, want to add another account and I notice that the new one overwrites the previously configured one :(
    When I add them one by one, it's OK.

One more thing. I haven't noticed it before, but some POP3 messages won't download from the server. Every time the same messages. I can't see any common patterns in them. This problem occurs with 0.4 too. I can't remember clearly about 0.3 and I don't have it anymore. Any chanche you have it?

EDIT: Found 0.3a. It downloads almost all messages, but there are some more still missing.

carmenm

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

First thank you for that plugin. It is really useful, has a lot of features, and the skins are really really good!
    There s only one thing bugging me which is the way you deal with unread messages.
    I use IMAP with Gmail. Every 15 minutes you count the number of unread messages and show an alert. The problem is that if i dont read that message i will have that popup every 15 minutes!
    I think the way to go would be to compare to the last time you check, if you have a different number of unread mails or if the unread messages are not the same, then show an alert, but it becomes very annoying to see the alert everytime for a mail which is not new, but just unread.

What do you think?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    I add an account, save the config, start MP, it's OK.
    I start again the Configurator, want to add another account and I notice that the new one overwrites the previously configured one :(
    When I add them one by one, it's OK.

One more thing. I haven't noticed it before, but some POP3 messages won't download from the server. Every time the same messages. I can't see any common patterns in them. This problem occurs with 0.4 too. I can't remember clearly about 0.3 and I don't have it anymore. Any chanche you have it?

EDIT: Found 0.3a. It downloads almost all messages, but there are some more still missing.

Hey VRM,
    Can you do me a favor and forward a few of your messages that dont download to my MSN account? I will take a look and see what the issue is...

Hi,

First thank you for that plugin. It is really useful, has a lot of features, and the skins are really really good!
    There s only one thing bugging me which is the way you deal with unread messages.
    I use IMAP with Gmail. Every 15 minutes you count the number of unread messages and show an alert. The problem is that if i dont read that message i will have that popup every 15 minutes!
    I think the way to go would be to compare to the last time you check, if you have a different number of unread mails or if the unread messages are not the same, then show an alert, but it becomes very annoying to see the alert everytime for a mail which is not new, but just unread.

What do you think?

Yea, currently I am using a very simple algorythm to check for new messages. I will be improving that as time goes on, but there are only so many hours in the day :)

Update...

I just posted 0.6a with the following changes/fixes...

- Fixed "Add New Account" bug reported by VRM
    - Fixed import bug reported by VRM (The difference from 0.3a was I changed the encoding and removed another check for apostrophies, I added the check back in.)
    - Fixed new message algorythm to only report New messages from previous check.

Please report any bugs here and as always, please post logs with issues...

Wile E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom