[plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager (1 Viewer)

fmulders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, both my problems are solved.

But the cause is still there.
    • No clean-up when removing a user account
    • No deinstaller available

Now I have two accounts checkt, and that is working if you do not remove or change them. It's a pity it can not show html format emails on screen.
    But I realy like it! Thanks for your hard work.

:D

(I am running StreamedMP as skin. Did a little testwork on showing unread emails on home/basis and more plugin screen.
    I'll send the code to the skinners when I am done.)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    But the cause is still there.
    • No clean-up when removing a user account
    • No deinstaller available

Now I have two accounts checkt, and that is working if you do not remove or change them. It's a pity it can not show html format emails on screen.

Hey fmulders,
    Thanks for the feedback. One of the reasons I have not moved the plugin from Beta to Stable is for these reasons :) I want to be sure all the bugs are worked out before moving to 'Stable'.

I presume the accounts you had an issue with were POP accounts? I will ensure that more cleanup is done whenever a POP account is deleted.

The plugin itself does not have any install/uninstall capabilites. The install/uninstall can be done directly through the "MediaPortal Extension Installer." Whenever you download/unzip and double click the file, MP uses the Extension Installer to install the plugin (although it probably appears the plugin is doing the installation.)

fmulders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    WileECoyote,

Indeed, they where pop3 accounts.

I found the uninstall at the mp extension installer. Looked there before but did not find it then.:confused:
    (and offcourse I do not want to uninstall, I like it.)

I have a request now I worked with it for a couple of days.
    Is it possible to add a "Delete all" option. Just like there is for "mark them all read" ?
    This would be very nice.

And I edited the myHome.xml so the streamedMP skin will show the unread count on the home screen.
    Just add tekst below to myhome.xml , basichome.xml and myHomePlugIns.xml
    Than it will show like the weather plugin.

<!-- emails -->

<control>
    <description>email Background</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>976</posX>
    <posY>58</posY>
    <width>306</width>
    <height>50</height>
    <texture>homeweatheroverlaybg.png</texture>
    <animation effect="slide" start="400,0" end="0,0" tween="quadratic" easing="in" time=" 400" delay="200">WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" end="400,0" tween="quadratic" easing="in" time=" 400" delay="200">WindowClose</animation>
    </control>

<control>
    <description>New Email</description>
    <type>label</type>
    <posX>1048</posX>
    <posY>74</posY>
    <label>#newEmail</label>
    <align>left</align>
    <font>mediastream10tc</font>
    <textcolor>white</textcolor>
    <animation effect="slide" start="400,0" end="0,0" tween="quadratic" easing="in" time=" 400" delay="200">WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" end="400,0" tween="quadratic" easing="in" time=" 400" delay="200">WindowClose</animation>
    </control>

Greatings,

Frank

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Re: [plugin] NEW IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager

@WileECoyote,

Indeed, they where pop3 accounts.

I found the uninstall at the mp extension installer. Looked there before but did not find it then.:confused:
    (and offcourse I do not want to uninstall, I like it.)

I have a request now I worked with it for a couple of days.
    Is it possible to add a "Delete all" option. Just like there is for "mark them all read" ?
    This would be very nice.

Greatings,

Frank

Hey fmulders,
    Sure, I can provide a Delete All. I would be leary to provide a delete all for IMAP accounts, but would be happy to provide it for POP3 accounts.

@Blitz - Im still looking into the view attachment option, I've not forgot about it :)

Hi and thx for a great plugin.
    Dont know if anyone asked this befor but is it possible to get a skin for xface :)

Thx

/Håkan

Hey Keldandorin,
    Did you ever request skin files from the Xface author? If not I will get something together for you.

Thanks,
    Wile E.

P.S. Quick Poll... Does everyone find the "Are you sure you want to delete/move/copy this message" alert annoying? Should we remove it? If you accidentally delete a message it goes to the trash/Deleted Items folder, so I dont see a real need for the alert.

fmulders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hey fmulders,
    Sure, I can provide a Delete All. I would be leary to provide a delete all for IMAP accounts, but would be happy to provide it for POP3 accounts.

Great!
    To be clear, I meen a delete all messages in MP. Not a delete message (pop3) on the mailserver.

P.S. Quick Poll... Does everyone find the "Are you sure you want to delete/move/copy this message" alert annoying? Should we remove it? If you accidentally delete a message it goes to the trash/Deleted Items folder, so I dont see a real need for the alert.

Yes! Please remove. (especialy enoying when you have to remove multiple items)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

Update...

I posted version 0.8 on the first post of this thread. Check the change log for updates. Please try and let me know of issues. If all is good with this version I will post as Stable 1.0.

Thanks,
    Wile E.

vrm

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

Update...

I posted version 0.8 on the first post of this thread. Check the change log for updates. Please try and let me know of issues. If all is good with this version I will post as Stable 1.0.

Thanks,
    Wile E.

:oops:
    (db deleted first)

1, Strange things happen when I define acc's friendly name as *-* (where * can be anything).
    After that, you cannot modify any settings in the config part, you cannot see pop3 messages, and when you want to switch between accounts, you see their labels with last letters missing. But if you avoid "-", all fine :)

2, I deleted my pop acc, created a new one and I see all messages of the previously deleted acc following the new ones in the list.

And one more thing.
    As I see, back in the beginning you hid spincontrol in the skin file. I like it so I re-enabled it.
    Code:
    <control>
    <type>listcontrol</type>
    <description>current list control</description>
    [COLOR="Red"]<spinPosX>1264</spinPosX>
    <spinPosY>655</spinPosY>
    <spinCanFocus>no</spinCanFocus>
    <visibile>yes</visibile>[/COLOR]

Attachments

• Untitled.png
      Untitled.png
      12.6 KB

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

1, Strange things happen when I define acc's friendly name as *-* (where * can be anything).
    After that, you cannot modify any settings in the config part, you cannot see pop3 messages, and when you want to switch between accounts, you see their labels with last letters missing. But if you avoid "-", all fine :)

Yea, you may want to avoid the "-" or " ' " for now...

2, I deleted my pop acc, created a new one and I see all messages of the previously deleted acc following the new ones in the list.

Doh! This was one of the issues I thought I fixed. Let me check that tonight or tomorrow...

And one more thing.
    As I see, back in the beginning you hid spincontrol in the skin file. I like it so I re-enabled it.
    Code:
    <control>
    <type>listcontrol</type>
    <description>current list control</description>
    [COLOR="Red"]<spinPosX>1264</spinPosX>
    <spinPosY>655</spinPosY>
    <spinCanFocus>no</spinCanFocus>
    <visibile>yes</visibile>[/COLOR]

I thought I copied your skin files over verbatum, I will be sure to add the spin control info back into the StreamedMP skin.

Thanks VRM! I knew I could count on you to find the faults ;)

fmulders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

WileECoyote

I just installed and tested the new 0.8 version.
    I think it is great, the "delete all" button works and you even thought about the message "are you sure?".
    So the anoying message is gone but when you want to remove all messages at once you get the message...perfect!

The only thing I can think off to improve is an auto refresh.
    When you removed all messages you still see them. They are gone, but the screen is not refreshed. Change to deleted items and you see they were deleted.
    The same thing when you do a "clear deleted items". You still see them untill you change view.

And if you have some time to complete my wish list...;)
    - An extra option in the setup to show "unread mail count" on your home screen would be nice.
    (I posted the code for -SteamedMP- a few messages back, but I think it is not optimal! It works, but I am not a skin developer.)

So thanks a lot, and keep up the good work!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom