[Plugin] MediaBrowser for MediaPortal (v0.30-beta) [2014/08/20] (1 Viewer)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I have now loaded your plugin on to my main HTPC - I know I'm a crazy fool!! ;)

A few observations (some are old ones):

The scrolling issue - I have a button configured to page/jump X entries on the list at a time, so I can quickly jump down the list. This has two issues:
    1) I not always loading of the next X items (we have previously spoke about this)
    2) The backdrop does not always refresh (shows an old backdrop), but the foreground data is correct

I have MePo configured to jump direct to movies-all and tvshows-all from the home page - this works a treat. But the issue is when I press back/previous on the remote, I would have hoped it would have gone back to the screen I jumped direct to (eg movies-all), but instead it jumps back through all the previous MB plugin selections and screens (so if I have been clicking/selecting movies/shows in the plugin, he previous/back button jumps me to their selection as opposed to return me back out the plugin, so its not a "clean" one or two click to get back to the home screen. I have a feeling this is more a skin engine design, as opposed to a plugin issue?

If I and browsing the list of movies, select one to view its details, and then go previous, instead of it returning be back to the selected movie I just clicked on, it takes me back to the top of the movie list (so if I have just scrolled through pages of movies to get to Superman, viewed its details and then gone previous, instead of it being on the Superman movie, it returns me back to my first movie in the list) - Hope this makes sense??

I know these are minor things, but when I go into the details screen, the background (albeit for a split second) is the background of the last movie I viewed, then it refreshes to show the correct one, similarly when I return from he details screen to the main list, it displays the background to movie I just had the details on - it seems to be a refresh/speed issue?

I just had it where I went from the MePo home page and jumped direct to TVshows-All, without pressing anything it listed all the series, but the backdrop for the first series is wrong, the backdrop is from a movie I previously selected.

Many thanks,

J.

ps - I think this plugin is great :D

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have a confession to make :-(

I was lucky enough to get to beta test MBT client. I depended upon Mediaportal for Live TV, but decided last week to split out my Live TV and Movie/TV Series requirements, and therefore got a Youview box for the live tv side of things.

What I have seen and experienced so far with MB3 server and MBT client has made me want to move in that direction - it's just so much easier for me to manage all the movies on one server, and then be able to stream (transcode) to little Roku boxes in the other rooms which are very low power and are very easy for the kids to use without me having to configure or update them all the time.

Mediaportal is an excellent product and I've used it for the past 4 years, but it does require a fair amount of work to keep it maintained and running nicely!

If you get chance and haven't looked at MediaBrowser yet, then it's well worth a look if you are not overly dependent upon Mediaportal for live tv. I do believe that it is a feature that will be eventually added though.

Armand, your work on the plugin is excellent, I'll keep an eye on progress :)

If you require Mediaportal for live tv, then Armand's plugin with a MB3 server backend makes life so much easier - maintain your movies and tv series just the once and I also find that MB3 is extremely accurate with regards to metadata.

Have fun folks :)

mcroyjason

Portal Member
    July 4, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi there.

I posted this same message over on the MediaBrowser forum, but I wanted to find out if there is any further development on this plugin?

mcroyjason

Portal Member
    July 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Ok cool. Glad to hear there will be more excitement to come! :)

Hope all is going well with the move. I just moved to a different city about 4 months ago. Major pain even though it was a fairly smooth move.

Lukemb

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    I thought I'd let you guys know about our new beta that just went up yesterday. What's new is manual image downloading within the metadata editing area. Now you can hand-pick your images based on how they look, resolution, language, user votes, etc. What's cool about this is that it brings all possible sources together into one interface, such as the movie db, tvdb, fanart, etc. Games are even supported. All image types can be downloaded - poster, backdrop, logo, art, disc, thumb, banner, screenshot, box, cartridge, etc.

This is part of our web client, which works well in any modern html-5 enabled browser, and the layout is responsive allowing it to work well with various screen resolutions and orientations.

527fda0c21876_img.png

527fda204a75c_img2.png

527fda2ba10c5_img3.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom