hkjensen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi

I have installed WebMediaPortal (0.54) from http://www.**************/download-webmediaportaliis.html on fresh windows 10 with MP2 and MP2extend and I still receives errors:
    2015-12-22 09:07:42.09270 [(5)] INFO: WebMediaPortal version 0.5.4 (commit 7ce458f) now connected with MAS 192.168.10.136:4322 and TAS 192.168.10.136:4322
    2015-12-22 09:07:43.30786 [(5)] DEBUG: MAS: connection failed

I have attached logs with errors, please let me know if I can help in anyway?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for your effort! And thank you for providing logs (y) I really appreciate this.

WebMediaPortal calls http://127.0.0.1:4322/MPExtended/MetaService but there is nothing. I also get an error if I try to call this URL using MPExtended (for MP1), so I don't know what WebMediaPortal is expecting there. Probably it is something from MS, because WebMediaportal and MPExtended are using asp.net webApi. MP2Ext is using a simple WebServer. We are working right now to get an ASP.Net Server running inside MP2 Server (actually it is already running). The next step will than to move MP2Ext from the MP2 HttpServer to the WebApi using the inbuilt ASP.Net Server inside MP2. So it works the same way like MPExtended.

This is quite some work, but we are working on it (MJGraf does all the ASP.Net Server work^^) :)
    I will post here once we are done^^ Hopefully this will fix the issue :)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @pünktchen
    Sorry for the late response, was sick the last two days :sick:

The DoStream function isn't implemented yet into MP2Ext, but LiveStreaming isn't working right now anyway. Henso seems to be bussy with real life :) Our streaming guru^^

"DoStream". You don't even need to initialize and start a stream for this! It's all done by "DoStream".
    Now the problem with the original code:
    Without an "identifier" as start parameter for "DoStream" there's no way to finish or cancel the MPExtended stream.
    You would always have to wait for the stream timeout. Really bad for zapping!
    I agree with you :) Not really the best. We will take care of this once we get to this point, Thank you for pointing out (y)

When using the url given by "RetreiveStream" Emby starts a ffmpeg process with it. No problem so far. But when i change the streaming bitrate in Emby the ffmpeg process is killed and a new process is started with the same url.
    This doesn't work a second time! (You can test it with vlc) Probably by closing the first ffmpeg process, MPExtended thinks the player has disconnected?
    Can't say anything about that, but shouldn't happen with MP2Ext as far as I know. At least during my testing with VLC I had no problems with receiving the stream more than one time^^

Anyway, I am really thankful for all your inputs (y) Also the progress seems to be a bit slow right now, but there is a lot to come.
    MP2Ext will also provide new services to the Media Library etc. Also Asp.Net is much faster. So it makes sense to do the move before implementing even more things which than have to be moved, too.
    The Asp.Net server uses beta code from MicroSoft, so it wasn't possible to do this self hosting before :whistle: (and MjGraf figured this out 6 days ago or so)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To let everybody know:
    - MP2Ext already moved to the MIA Rework (found already some bugs)
    - MP2Ext is in the middle of moving to ASP.Net. MAS is already moved, will work during the next days on moving TAS, WSS and DAS :)

After that I probably have to do some bug fixing and testing. Can't say anything about the time frame, maybe end of January?! Depends on my free time^^

@johanj
    Swagger is also implemented and working ;) Your dream came true :LOL:

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I follow your discussions about ASP.Net(y) it was a good decision to move.

Its great with swagger docs, maybe not so much for me myself but its a big help for new developers that want to use the Api.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Can't say anything about the time frame, maybe end of January?!
    This is a time frame ;) and so we have a time frame for our Winter 16 Release too. With the MIA Rework, MP2Extended and the DLNA Server we have more than enough new "killer features" for a completely new "Full Release". You don't forget the DLNA Media Server, right? For me DLNA is muuuuuch more important than MP2Extended as it is a global solution, not a MP specific one...

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You don't forget the DLNA Media Server, right?
    No I don't :)
    I thought you wanted to test it. Some time ago I've put a some test binaries for you in the DLNA Thread, because you mentioned it is so important for you. But never heard anything back^^
    Last time I used it, it looked almost finished. MrTechno added some SeriesViews by using the DLNA Rework as far as I know, but otherwise. Streaming of Video/Music and Pictures is working with thumbs etc. Maybe some profiles will need finetuning, but there we need the help of our users^^

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've made the combined branch "official" and pulled it into the team repo. Also set up a TeamCity build configuration which makes the installer - http://tinyurl.com/gwuctb3 if you're interested.

PS. thanks to @high for being proactive and upgrading TV to 9.1.5 with the shiny new logo :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But never heard anything back^^
    Really? I'm very sorry about..
    I'll do it now.. The build you've posted was based on a too old version of MP2. Not even BlueVision Skin was working. And none of my media items are available in the ML any longer so I needed to reimport all and everything again what takes ages to complete. Aside this, the DLNA server did not even show up in my network environment... So I can say it was not working for me...

If you want, I can install the version again. But this will last a lot of hours as I need to build my ML again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom