Plugin: MP2Extended (2 Viewers)

FreakyJ

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Will try to do that tomorrow. I have to setup tve3.5 first... don't have a tv card in my dev pc so I need to ise sat>ip which is only available in tve3.5

FreakyJ

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Can you confirm this?
    I could and fixed it ;)
    If you are interested in the reason:

Ampdroid and MPExt used the Microsoft Json DateTime format and not the ISO one. Now with Asp.Net5 it looks like they decided to go with the standard ISO as default instead with their own proprietary one. I changed it now manually to the MicrosoftFormat and it works like a charm.
    I also forgot to port one api function, but that wasn't the main issue. Just throw some exceptions :D

Edit:
    In case you don't know:
    http://127.0.0.1:4322/MPExtended/swagger/ui/index.html

Is a great tool for debugging, just in case you want to call the API manually. It gives you examples etc.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Country flag
    @FreakyJ
    I have a problem with streaming TV. There is no stream length I can put in the response and I can't seem to find how to support chunked transfers from ASP.Net 5. I found possible solutions where they set BufferedOutput=false on the response but that property doesn't exist in ASP.Net 5. Maybe one of you clever guys can investigate? When I currently try to send bytes with ContentLength=0 I get an InvalidOperationException stating that I can't send more bytes than the ContentLength specifies.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Country flag
    Does this help
    I don't exactly know how to understand this. Does it say use: "httpContext.Response.Headers[HeaderNames.TransferEncoding] = "chunked";" in the response for it to become chunked? Or do I need to do it during setup like you did with json date formatting? I did try the former but that did not work.

FreakyJ

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    "httpContext.Response.Headers[HeaderNames.TransferEncoding] = "chunked";" in the response for it to become chunked?
    as I understood it: yes

https://github.com/aspnet/KestrelHttpServer/issues/97

I did try the former but that did not work.
    Also using WriteAsync()?! Because the current send methods are using Write().

Edit:
    I guess you need to check this header inside the send methods and switch to WriteAsync if it should be chunked. does that make sense?

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Country flag
    I think i manually need to add the start and end delimiters for chunked transfers like shown in your first link. I will try that tomorrow.

FreakyJ

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I think i manually need to add the start and end delimiters for chunked transfers like shown in your first link.
    Didn't even know they exist :D So I learned something new :)

Let me know how it went!

FreakyJ

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Have you also tried not setting the content length at all? I think they haven't in the example.

Users who are viewing this thread