Plugin: MP2Extended (4 Viewers)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you need a new build for testing let me know and I will upload a new snapshot :)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New version + small change log in first post.
    Could you elaborate how you use the functions in the Control section of WSS.

I mean DoStream and StartStream are looking pretty much the same, but one function delivers directly raw data and the other provides an URL. Same as RetrieveStream only that this one was already configured, I guess by StartStream.
    So in theory StartStream could just return a URL with the same parameters, but instead of StartStream with DoStream... strange.

In short: I would like to have a workflow. Which functions are called in which order

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think there are multiple functions for historical reasons. One can do the steps manually: initStream and then startStream. Then use the resulting url in a video player. At this stage one can stop the stream and seek, or change audio, or change streaming profile, and then start it again without having to start all over again with initStream.

About seeking. The way above is how MPExtended do it(don't seem to be a standardized way) I could do it in a similar way when fiddling with streaming using Emby as backend. Benefit with Emby is that they can burn in subtitles and that is not possible with MPExtended. Another benefit is that there can use profiles that support native seeking in the video player, I think it is a HSL profile. Right now in MPiV we have little control of the native video player and therefore use an additional seekbar in the gui when not in fullscreen mode.

The DoStream is a simplified function that came at a later stage, I have not used it. I think it's a combined init and start stream function.

I don't use RetrieveStream and I never use any raw data, only the urls for the video/audio stream.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So got further with series and GetTVShowsBasic return information. With MP2 upgrade I also can set the port.

But I get resource not found when getting the banner:
    http://192.168.1.88:4323/MPextended...dth=668&maxHeight=124&borders=stretch&res=@2x
    but then it downloads the correct image after a looong time. I know that MPExt. uses a caching folder for all the images that are requested to speed things up. But I don't remember that the initial requests take this long.

GetTVShowDetailedById returns mainly empty:
    http://192.168.1.88:50059/MPExtende...dById?id=b1c448d4-affe-4b2c-8ab3-221f6203fad1
    {"Summary":null,"Status":null,"Network":null,"AirsDay":null,"AirsTime":null,"Runtime":0,"Id":null,"IsProtected":false,"DateAdded":"\/Date(-3600000+0100)\/","Genres":[],"Artwork":[],"Actors":[],"Title":"Shaun the Sheep","Year":0,"EpisodeCount":80,"UnwatchedEpisodeCount":0,"SeasonCount":0,"Rating":0.0,"ContentRating":null,"ExternalId":[],"PID":0}

I have had to restart the MP2 server several times since it after some requests just fail with the requests that used to work. Maybe it's the image requests that are doing this? I place all the banner urls in a list and iViewer basically request them all almost at the same time. But in this case it's just 9 banner images.

For the thumbnail I also get resource not found:
    http://admin:admin@192.168.1.88:432...dth=404&maxHeight=608&borders=stretch&res=@2x

For GetTVEpisodesBasicForSeason I get
    InternalServerError: Failed to proccess! - Exception: {0}
    http://192.168.1.88:4323/MPExtended...eason?id=57e437c2-1587-4759-9461-658b0e89a76b

So this is as far that I get with series for now.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    but then it downloads the correct image after a looong time. I know that MPExt. uses a caching folder for all the images that are requested to speed things up. But I don't remember that the initial requests take this long.
    I'm not sure, but there was a bug in the resource provide which should be fixed in one of the upcoming builds. Keep an eye on that :) And I hope this fixes the issue.

GetTVShowDetailedById returns mainly empty:
    MP2 doesn't know a Series by itself. I could hack something together by getting the information from all episodes, but the MiaRework makes good progress and it would be wasted time. S once the MIA rework is done, we can address this. Nothing I can do about right now. Sorry.

For the thumbnail I also get resource not found:
    You requested a poster for a TvShow. Are you sure MP2 found a poster from an online source?

For GetTVEpisodesBasicForSeason I get
    InternalServerError: Failed to proccess! - Exception: {0}
    Where did you got the Id from? For a season the pattern is
    Code:
    {Show GUID:eason number}
    GetTVEpisodesBasicForSeason?id=57e437c2-1587-4759-9461-658b0e89a76b:1
    for Season 1

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you also support images?
    I implemented images in WSS and MAS :)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The images in series you can see in the above screen shots. Or do you mean pictures? We have an Picture activity if that is what you mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom