[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (6 Viewers)

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hey m3rcury,

I have a rather odd problem with file synchronisation: I replicate my thumbs-folder from a master HTPC to my dedicated TV-Server. From time to time espacially the tv-logos get corrupted in the Synchronisation target and end up as 0-byte files. MPSync obviously only checks name and timestamp but not filesize - so the corrupted files sit there until I delete them on the target.
    Is there a easy way to circumvent this?

Best regards,
    Flo

@Flo70. There is a setting where MPSync will execute an MD5 or CRC32 algorithm to compare files. This is quite intensive and takes time, but if you have volatile files being synch'd it is suggested that from time to time, one uses this setting.

I will do an enhancement to include file size as well. Hope to have this ready soon.

Flo70

Portal Member
    January 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Flo70. There is a setting where MPSync will execute an MD5 or CRC32 algorithm to compare files. This is quite intensive and takes time, but if you have volatile files being synch'd it is suggested that from time to time, one uses this setting.

I will do an enhancement to include file size as well. Hope to have this ready soon.

That is good news - I hope to be able to find out why and when my tv-logos get corrupted... debug-logging is enabled, since yesterday no 0-byte files were created.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    MPSync v1.0.0.17 has been uploaded and can be downloaded from here.

Added file size as part of the criteria for synchronization.

bruceas

Portal Member
    December 10, 2010
    Hi, I'd like to sync a master PC with 2 clients WITHOUT a central storage folder. I want to send the db on master PC directly to the clients.

It is possible?

Thanks, bye.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi, I'd like to sync a master PC with 2 clients WITHOUT a central storage folder. I want to send the db on master PC directly to the clients.

It is possible?

Thanks, bye.

@bruceas. Current design requires a central database as the Master HTPC would copy changes to this DB and the other HTPC would pick these changes and update their local DBs. What you can try is to set a temporary central database and do setup using triggers on Master. Once replication completes, disable MPSync plugin and delete the central DB. Then set a secondary HTPC to replicate directly from you master and see how it goes. There might be some temporary table on the master that might be accumulating temporary records, but if this setup works for you, I will do changes to the plugin to handle this scenario without the need to have the pugin disabled on the master HTPC.

Give it a try and give me an update how it goes.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    MPSync no sync :( No sync DB on NAS :(
    <entry name="sync periodicity">3</entry> <entry name="sync periodicity value">minutes</entry>
    XML:
      <section name="DB Settings">
        <entry name="sync periodicity">3</entry>
        <entry name="sync periodicity value">minutes</entry>
        <entry name="pause while playing">no</entry>
        <entry name="watched">yes</entry>
        <entry name="vacuum">yes</entry>
      </section>

upload_2016-9-23_12-10-18.png
    On Main HTPC:
    upload_2016-9-23_12-14-57.png upload_2016-9-23_12-15-21.png
    On NAS:
    upload_2016-9-23_12-16-24.png upload_2016-9-23_12-16-45.png
    Code:
    MediaPortal.log
    [2016-09-23 11:58:13,197] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - PluginManager: Begin Loading '\process\MPSync.dll'
    [2016-09-23 11:58:13,259] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - PluginManager: Plugin: 'C:\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\MPSync.dll' / Version: 1.0.0.17
    [2016-09-23 11:58:13,259] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - PluginManager: End loading '\process\MPSync.dll' (62.5044 ms running time)
    [2016-09-23 11:58:22,854] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - PluginManager: Begin starting 'MPSync.MPSync.MPSync'
    [2016-09-23 11:58:22,854] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - PluginManager: End starting 'MPSync.MPSync.MPSync' (0 ms running time)
    [2016-09-23 11:58:25,994] [Log    ] [45       ] [INFO ] - MPSync: process plugin version 1.0.0.17 initialisation.
    [2016-09-23 11:58:25,994] [Log    ] [45       ] [INFO ] - MPSync: DB - C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database --> M:\Mediaportal\DB
    [2016-09-23 11:58:26,010] [Log    ] [45       ] [INFO ] - MPSync: DB synchronization method - Propagate both additions and deletions
    [2016-09-23 11:58:26,026] [Log    ] [45       ] [INFO ] - MPSync: DBs selected - ALL
    [2016-09-23 11:58:26,026] [Log    ] [45       ] [INFO ] - MPSync: watched/resume selected for ALL
    [2016-09-23 11:58:26,041] [Log    ] [45       ] [INFO ] - MPSync: Objects selected - LastFmCache-andrewjswan.xml|lastfmcache.txt|LyricsDatabaseV2.db|LyricsMarkedDatabaseV2.db|

Attachments

• MPSync.xml
      1.2 KB

Ferao

Portal Member
    December 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @m3rcury
    Thank you for a great plugin, I've set it up with 1 server and 3 clients using tvseries and moving pictures sync - also sync watched status, this seem to work.
    only "problem" is that while moving picture is syncing new addons - they only show up at the client mepo interface after client reboot, they seem to be in the database already but dont show up in moving picture view inside mepo until client is rebooted, is this the expected way it should work? - after what i can see the TV series update fine even while mepo is running?

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    @m3rcury
    Thank you for a great plugin, I've set it up with 1 server and 3 clients using tvseries and moving pictures sync - also sync watched status, this seem to work.
    only "problem" is that while moving picture is syncing new addons - they only show up at the client mepo interface after client reboot, they seem to be in the database already but dont show up in moving picture view inside mepo until client is rebooted, is this the expected way it should work? - after what i can see the TV series update fine even while mepo is running?

@Ferao. That is the way certain plugins work, i.e. they need a restart of MediaPortal to refresh the new additions to the database. It is not directly related to MPSync. What usually works too is to go out on BasicHome Screen and then back into the plugin. What I will also do is to see if there is a way to re-initialise a plugin after updating their respective database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom