[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (6 Viewers)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    To be honest, I assumed that resume and watched would be dependent on the same flag.
    In the end I want to be able to retain both (so not synchronized), so if that's possible that would be much appreciated.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Some new enhancements will soon be released. The enhancements are:

1. Faster directory scanning for Folder Synchronisation.
    2. Possibility to limit threads for background synchronisation to reduce Memory and CPU utilisation.
    3. Ability to remove folders from target drive if these do not exist on source.
    Hopefully testing will be completed soon :)(y)

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    MPSync v1.0.0.21 has just been released. It can be downloaded from here.

N.B. The new feature for Threads settings can be set from the Configuration Tab in the Settings tab as in below screenshot.
    upload_2018-6-29_12-5-7.png

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First of all: Thanks for your ongoing development. But: The changelog in the first post is not updated a long time. What has changed in the new version?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have made a fix for overwriting the watched status and resume time for the movingpictures database (so it won't overwrite them if Synchronize watched status between clients is unchecked).

Also did some refactoring to clean up the code, and tested my current use-case

Is anyone willing and interested in testing if my changes have any regressions in it?

nyt

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is MPSync incredibly slow for anyone else? I've installed and set it up, and it seems to mostly work, however it doesn't seem to synchronize properly all the time, sometimes media shows as missing even though it's not, and it's incredibly slow and makes mp almost unusable. I'd really like to have synchronization between multiple pcs and this seems to be the only option...

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi nyt

I decided to develop a simpler synchronization application for my own use that only maintains and synchronizes the MpTvDb SqlServer database with the VideoDatabaseV5.db3 across multiple PCs. It has negligible effect on performance and maintains the resume values across all PCs in the VideoDatabaseV5.db3 files (but I don't do anything except pass across the watched setting). It also synchronizes video watched by one PC with all other PCs or new films loaded by one client with other clients.

I have not submitted this software for general use because it doesn't fit into the general MediaPortal software pattern - because it uses WPF and entity framework and I really only needed this functionality for myself and am not trying to compete with (or step on the toes of) the developer of MPSync.

If you want to try this software out then contact me at tony.vaughan@safehelp.com and I'll send you what you need.

I would attach a help file that describes what this software does but its extension is not allowed in this forum which is why I suggest you contact me directly.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom