[Plugin] Opera Mobile Launcher (Web Browser) (1 Viewer)

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Opera Mobile Launcher for MediaPortal

I made this little plugin to launch - the perfectly suitable web browser for HTPC's - Opera Mobile Emulator. It does not only launch Opera Mobile, but it also add's functionality so other plugins can communicate with Opera Mobile.

Installation
MEDIAPORTAL - Opera Mobile Launcher (Web Browser)

Or use the manual method:
  1. Download and install Opera Mobile Emulator
  2. Download Opera Mobile Launcher 0.3 beta
  3. Copy the dll file to your [MPInstall]/plugins/Windows/ directory
  4. Open MP Configuration and configure the plugin
TEST VERSION IN THIS POST: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...auncher-web-browser.101889/page-4#post-860680

Usage

After starting Opera Mobile Emulator, you can use the F1 and F2 keys for the two buttons at the bottom. The arrow keys let you controll the mouse and Enter is select/click. The numpad may be used for typing in T9 style.

When you use button forwarding:
"Info" button as F1
"Rewind" button as F2
"ChannelUp" and "ChannelDown" buttons as fast scroll up/down
T9 typing with the numerical buttons

When NOT using button forwarding:
Use keyboard, or use an external app, like EventGhost, and map your remote's button something like this:
Info - F1
PreviousTrack - F2
OK (click / select) - Enter
Back - {close browser}
ChannelUp (scroll up) - Numpad 8
ChannelDown (scroll down) - Numpad 2

Other plugins can open an url by using the #browserlink as tag and 156778 as window. Use it for Infoservice for instance.

Screenshots

Changelog
0.3 beta (28-10-2011)
- [new function] Forward standard MediaPortal actions (remote keypresses) to Opera Mobile, so you don't necessarily have to remap your remote buttons.
- Minor changes

0.2 beta (24-10-2011)
- [new function] Add option to use custom UserAgent and use desktop profile
- Minor changes

0.1 beta (24-10-2011)
- Initial release

Last edited:

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I found that there is an input.ini file for assigning keys to funcitons.. Maybe someone knows how it works and if it's possible to add keys from a MCE remote for instance to Opera functions? Then you won't need EventGhost/Girder/AutoHotKey/etc anymore. :)

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
This looks very promesing. Will give it a try once i get the chance :) Would be cool to see this well integrated into MP...

The numpad may be used for typing in T9 style.
I assume this is for using the remote control to surf the web?

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    WOW! This is a really nice plugin.. Good job!!

Only a few questions/bugs

-I can't zoom in and out with F7/F8
    -Is there a way to get opera mobile in Dutch?
    -When press escape I can't leave the plugin.
    -I would like to customize the buttons for my remote
    -Can't play flash while I have installed adobe flashplayer for opera mobile.. Any idea?

Best regards!

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This looks very promesing. Will give it a try once i get the chance :) Would be cool to see this well integrated into MP...

Yes, you can type with the numpad in T9 style. This is default behavior for Opera Mobile :)

-Can't play flash while I have installed adobe flashplayer for opera mobile.. Any idea?

Best regards!
    - You can't zoom in/out with F7/F8.. I never mentioned that? :) You have to set the zoom setting in Opera to 200%. Now, when navigating, you zoom in when you press enter/click to that specific area.
    - There are some language strings in the locale-ri.rsc and the *.lng files, but I'm not sure if they can be edited (and if they actually do anything).
    - You need to close the browser by going back to speedial and press F2 for Exit and F1 for OK or by opening the Menu by pressing F1 and navigating to the close button. I added a command to Eventghost to close opera when I press the back key on my remote
    - You need an external app (like EventGhost, Girder, AutoHotkey) for assigning the F1, F2 keys etc to your remote buttons.
    - Nope, for some reason, Opera Mobile Emulator does not support flash :(

Maybe there are people here who have some ideas about how to assign remote buttons to the OME functions.. by hacking this in.. and maybe it's possible to add Flash support in some way..

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Yes, you can type with the numpad in T9 style. This is default behavior for Opera Mobile :)

Best regards!
    - You can't zoom in/out with F7/F8.. I never mentioned that? :) You have to set the zoom setting in Opera to 200%. Now, when navigating, you zoom in when you press enter/click to that specific area.
    - There are some language strings in the locale-ri.rsc and the *.lng files, but I'm not sure if they can be edited (and if they actually do anything).
    - You need to close the browser by going back to speedial and press F2 for Exit and F1 for OK or by opening the Menu by pressing F1 and navigating to the close button. I added a command to Eventghost to close opera when I press the back key on my remote
    - You need an external app (like EventGhost, Girder, AutoHotkey) for assigning the F1, F2 keys etc to your remote buttons.

Maybe there are people here who have some ideas about how to assign remote buttons to the OME functions.. by hacking this in.. and maybe it's possible to add Flash support in some way..

Thanks for your reply..

This is by far the most smooth browser for Mediaportal, only the fact that there is no flash is really bad, and hope that someone can add this feature, or it will be aded in a later release..

About the buttons, you said in the first post:

Num8 - ChannelUp (scroll up)
    Num2 - ChannelDown (scroll down)

In Mediaportal, F8 is scrol up, and F7 is channel down, so that's the reason I said that, but I understand now.. :)

I didn't use eventghost before, so I hope I know what to do..

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great plugin. But it starts for me on Screen 1. I need to start this on my second monitor as MP.
    I will see what I can do about it. Thanks.

Best regards!

Thanks for your reply..

This is by far the most smooth browser for Mediaportal, only the fact that there is no flash is really bad, and hope that someone can add this feature, or it will be aded in a later release..

About the buttons, you said in the first post:

Num8 - ChannelUp (scroll up)
    Num2 - ChannelDown (scroll down)

In Mediaportal, F8 is scrol up, and F7 is channel down, so that's the reason I said that, but I understand now.. :)

I didn't use eventghost before, so I hope I know what to do..
    Okay sorry, maybe it is a little bit confusing.. But I assigned the ChannelUp/down OF MY REMOTE to those keys (num8/2) of the keyboard. The function in Opera is scroll up/down.

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Looks great.

Any thoughts on support for the new parameter and expression controls?

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will look in to that Mr. V. Currently I'm busy with some pure awesomeness. I found a way to let MediaPortal pick up remote commands and forward them to the Opera Mobile window. In this way, the need for an external program which remaps buttons of your remote.. DISAPPEARS!
    I think I will have a test release ready this weekend... (although I have to learn some exams.. :confused:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom