Plugin: TvWishList for MP2 (1 Viewer)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
1.3.0.4 released on 08. December 2012:
Version 1.3.0.4 includes the bugfix discovered from foxbenw in the repeated episode detection and some improvements on the MP2 skins.

– TvServer plugin:
– fixed bug in Episode algorithm (thanks to Foxbenw)
– MP2 plugin:
– updated skins including playlist buttons for main screen​

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    151.2 KB

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Testversion 1.3.0.5 released
TvServer plugin:
– fixed bug in sql query for existing recordings
– enhanced episode management algorithm for better detection of incomplete EPG information
MP2 plugin:
– updatet to MPExtended V0.5.0
This will not work with the older MPExtended version 0.4
You need 0.5 or newer.

Last edited:

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Based on a hint from Dadeo i just realized that TvWishList is not working with the new MP2 alpha2.
I just installed it and on a first look i realized there is no slimTV Client in the default installation. As TvWishList has a dependency on SlimTvClient it will not start MP2 if it is not there. I will need more time to look through the postings.
You can install TvWishList only if there is a working SlimTv Client.

Update: I need to do some updates to make it compatible to the alfa2 version. It is not working with MP2 alfa2.

Last edited:

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
V1.3.0.11 released for MP2 alfa2

Thanks to the help from morpheus_xx with his SlimTv plugin update i found the issues (or at least some issues) of the TvWishList MP2 plugin and updated for MP2alfa2.
Please note there must be SlimTv installed before TvWishlist or MP2 will not start!
I recommend to enable the settings in the plugin configuration on the main menu for debug modus, deactivate quick menu and deactivate info window.
This will enable you to use TvWishlist from the SlimTv Multiprogramguide for advanced recordings, where you can change prerecord, post record and keepuntil. If you select in the Multi Tv Guide after selecting a program the option "show all programs", tvwishlist will start a search just for this one program and show the results in the view mode. From there you can schedule a program or change the advanced settings (need to scroll down after clicking on a program).
If you need more filter settings you should choose "Create TvWish" and you can use all filter options of TvWishlist for schedules.

Version 1.3.0.11
- MP2 plugin updated for MP2alfa2
- MP2 platform target changed to x86
- transifex scripts updated for git
- updated French language file

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Seems I replied in wrong thread, so I do it here again ;)

@huha, is your plugin working with the new Alpha 3 release (scheduled for tomorrow)? Can you check if your plugin works with the NativeTV and/or MPExtended bundle?

We now have an own plugin section on TMP homepage: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/mp2-plugins, there you could add a working version once it is available :)

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    morpheus_xx,
    sorry, but I am not ready yet. I could not follow up lately with the development, but will start over the week end.
    I will work first on the MPextended version, which should go faster.

I am having trouble to install the final test version with the SlimTV-MPExtended plugin.
    When trying to view a program, i am getting the message "Video/Picture no media element" on the skin. The errorfile is empty, the client logfile is attached. I can see the program titles.
    I am running win8 with Mpextended 0.5.4. I used SlimTV-MPExtended and copied the 2 client plugins into the client plugin folder and the SlimTv. Resources into the server plugin folder. Any idea what i did wrong?
    I have client and server on the same computer, and did use only default configuration.

Update: The native server installation worked out of the box. I can watch all programs.
    You have done an amazing job!

Update2: Just downloaded the MP2 source code for the master. Where can I find for the native Tvserver the plugin source code? The folder MediaPortal\Incubator\SlimTvService\References\Plugins does not contain any plugin code.

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had same issue, that the playback of rtsp stream didn't work with MPExtended. I had to disable the windows firewall on HTPC for local network, then it worked.

The NativeTv binaries are developed outside the MP2 repo and are not commited. Please simply use the ones from the published plugin.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I disabled the firewall, but it is still not working for MpExtended. I have attached the log files for client and server. There is no error, but it looks from the server log as it connects to my Fritzbox server. I also tried 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost, but still not working.

For adopting to the MP2 tvserver i will wait till the plugins are committed. I do need some examples to start with.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, I am just downloading.
    I got MpExtended to work and the good news is that TvWishlist 1.3.0.12 works out of the box with MpExtended and the new MP2 alfa3 test version.
    The problem was that i recently intalled Oracle Virtual Box, which broke my MpExtended. After deinstalling the Virtual Box everything was working even with the Firewall enabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom