Plugin: TvWishList for MP2 | Page 4

Discussion in 'TvWishList' started by huha, July 25, 2012.

1. stixi

stixi Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Show System Specs
    Hi huha,
    is there any version for the new Weekly from 22.02 for NativeTV 3 Stable ?!?
    or is it better to use the NativeTV 3.5 Pre-Alpha version...?!?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MP1 TV Server plugins should be compatible with Native TV3. That's the whole point of releasing it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stixi

stixi Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Show System Specs
    OK... but for the installation what should i do...
    after the installation MP-Server says the plugin is not compatible...

5. morpheus_xx
    • Team MediaPortal

morpheus_xx Lead Dev MP2

Ratings:
    +6,818 / 11
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    For TvWishlist the situation is a bit more tricky:

There is already a MP2 client plugin which is able to use a TVE3.5 (Pre-Alpha) plugin of MP2-Server. I'm not sure how the communication is implemented, so I guess the MP2-Client plugin will not work with TVE3 (stable).

Also there were some interface changes since Dezember 2013.

@huha can you check if the plugin is still working? (trying it myself as well;)

6. huha
    • Premium Supporter

huha Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +622 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    morpheus_xx,
    the MP2 plugin has a bug right now which I was not able to fix yet. The plugin was working for both TVE3.5 and TVE3 using MPExtended like your TV plugin.
    I have done a wrapper for TVE3.5 which is very slow. The TVE3 should work faster.
    Once my project situation at work is improving (in about 4 weeks) i will continue to work on the MP2 plugin.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  7. stixi

stixi Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Show System Specs
    huha,
    i become this message if i start the tv-server-configuration:
    [​IMG]

so the plugin is not kompatible for MP2 NativeTV 3 Stable?!?
    and i have no failure logs...
    i use only the server Plugin...

Attached Files:

8. huha
    • Premium Supporter

huha Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +622 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    stixi, the plugin is not supporting MP2 right now. As i said I will work on it in about 4 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. huha
    • Premium Supporter

huha Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +622 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I was working on the plugin the last weeks.
    I got the basic function to work, but the bad news is that the skin of the client plugin is no more working and the buttons are no more usable. So i need to start with the basics again, but this will take a lot more time.
    I found the reason for the slow performance of the native tv server plugin, which was my conflict schedule management. I just did a change on the MP1 Tvserver to use the MP1 TV server conflict management. I hope a similar function like
    mylayer.GetConflictingSchedules(schedule, out conflictingSchedules, out notViewableSchedules) for the TVBusinesslayer is available in the native Tvserver, but will need to learn more about the code of the tv server. I am also not understanding on what is the difference between conflictingSchedules and notViewableSchedules.
    I will focus on this first to have at least a plugin for the native tv server 3.5 available.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Lehmden
    • Premium Supporter

Lehmden Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +3,621 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi.
    For the moment imho it would be better if you try to get it working with Native TVE 3.0 first. Most MP2- people out there using TVE3.0 as it is more reliable than TVE 3.5 at this time. I've tried the latest TVWishlist with the recent tesubuilds of MP2 with TVE3.0 native and I got some parts working with the new compatibility system introduced there, others are not working. The (MP1-) Server plugin was starting and it seems to work, but it refuses to shutdown if the MP2 server wants to stop.

There are no changes to released TVE 3.5 versions since a longer time, so if there will be a new version in future it probably brakes compatibility again... Don't know this, only a guess. But changes on TVE 3.0 are not to be expected any more. For this I believe it would be better to get TVWishlist working with TVE3.0- Native first would be the best. I'm pretty sure @morpheus_xx is happy to help you, if you need some.

11. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    FWIW, I generally agree. I haven't even come close to the scheduling logic in TVE 3.5 yet, but I already have the feeling that it needs a radical overhaul. That includes the conflict management. I'm hoping gibman made some decent progress with his rule based scheduler design, and that perhaps we could collaborate in completing it in such a way that TvWishList functionality (and more!) is built in to TVE 3.5.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!