Podcasts Plugin (1 Viewer)

dhanjel

Portal Pro
July 24, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
You don't actually need that as a base, it's probably easier to write it yourself from scratch. Podcasts are really plain xml with links to mp3 files.

You just hast to create a parser for the files and download the files that are new.

Been planning on doing a plugin like this but I have had too much at work lately.

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    dhanjel said:
    You don't actually need that as a base, it's probably easier to write it yourself from scratch. Podcasts are really plain xml with links to mp3 files.

You just hast to create a parser for the files and download the files that are new.

Been planning on doing a plugin like this but I have had too much at work lately.

Im up for working on something like this......dont want to duplicate work though as just got caught out by that...after spending a month on something :)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    egonspengleruk said:
    ...Im up for working on something like this......dont want to duplicate work though as just got caught out by that...after spending a month on something :)

You may want to chat with some of the developers on IRC to find out if anyone they know of is working on a similar plugin so you don't get caught (at least to the best that they know of) in that situation.

In addition I would post that you are working on such a plugin on this area and make a new topic and announce what you are doing. I would place in your post that you are pre-announcing because you were working on a previous plugin and found out that someone - blah, blah, blah... (hope you get my point without my going on and on).

Mike

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    mzemina said:
    egonspengleruk said:
    ...Im up for working on something like this......dont want to duplicate work though as just got caught out by that...after spending a month on something :)

You may want to chat with some of the developers on IRC to find out if anyone they know of is working on a similar plugin so you don't get caught (at least to the best that they know of) in that situation.

In addition I would post that you are working on such a plugin on this area and make a new topic and announce what you are doing. I would place in your post that you are pre-announcing because you were working on a previous plugin and found out that someone - blah, blah, blah... (hope you get my point without my going on and on).

Mike

The annoying thing about last time was that I did :) Such is life.....im only doing this to learn C# anyway so im learning all the time whether its used in the long run or not :)

barranger

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Not to step on anyones toes, but the Torrent plugin I'm working on could very quickly be modified to do this, and was something I had planned to do

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    barranger said:
    Not to step on anyones toes, but the Torrent plugin I'm working on could very quickly be modified to do this, and was something I had planned to do

I think we are all bringing up an interesting point here. As more and more people get on board to develop self contained projects, there is going to be a lot of overlap.

Person A said its on their to-do list.
    Person B said they would like to help.
    Person C said they were planning on doing it.

There has got to be a better way of organising people so we are not all doing the same thing each time. I know the rule is to go on IRC and get hold of people....but ive logged on twice and not managed to get anyones attention (not a gripe...just a fact of life).

End rant :)

dhanjel

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    barranger said:

No problem for me, just want the functionality. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread