Pop-up error message generated for certain MKV files with UTF-8 subtitles (1 Viewer)

igu

Portal Member
January 21, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've been driving myself nuts with this issue. I did everything that was described but as soon as I upgrad to the 1.1 Beta version everything goes to hell... whenever I try to play a movie now DW20 starts running or mtn.exe starts making thumbnails. When was this "Feature" added. I hope there will be some way to remove it.

For now Ver 1.1 seems unusable I guess I'll have to deal with the UTF-8 subtitles error and go on with my life.!

Thanks for the help that was provided,,, not sure how you got it to work in 1.1:mad:

PashCracken

Portal Member
March 8, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi,

You don't need this workaround in 1.1. Ver 1.1 beta has a new built-in subtitle engine that handles all subtitles without problems. I had the same problem with the pop-up and used the fix described in this thread when I was on an earlier version of MP. Then I swapped this fix for a beta version of the new subtitle engine when using MP 1.0.2. In 1.1 I did not have to do anything to get these subtitles to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom