Pop-up error message generated for certain MKV files with UTF-8 subtitles (1 Viewer)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Forget about it, I solved my problem (with the SRT/UTF-8 error dialog) by enabling the DirectVobSub (Autoloading) filter in Movies->Postprocessing filters. I simply forgot to enable it back when I upgraded to RC3 :oops:

Ron

Be aware that by doing this you have broken your hardware acceleration if your system was set up to use hardware decoding for your videos.

OK, didn't think about that :(
Do you have a patch for the current RC3 SVN?

Isn't easier solution to set Autloload VSfilter to "no" in Haali media splitter?
No error dialogs here...

EDIT:
I read first post again - can you post small MKV example with such a subtitles?

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Be aware that by doing this you have broken your hardware acceleration if your system was set up to use hardware decoding for your videos.

Isn't easier solution to set Autloload VSfilter to "no" in Haali media splitter?
    No error dialogs here...

EDIT:

By setting the Autoload VSFilter to "No" in Haali Media Splitter AND not having the DirectVobSub filter enabled in the Postprocessing section in MP, I will get the above message with any MKV with subtitles.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

No error dialogs here...

EDIT:

By setting the Autoload VSFilter to "No" in Haali Media Splitter AND not having the DirectVobSub filter enabled in the Postprocessing section in MP, I will get the above message with any MKV with subtitles.

Yes, i understand, but never have such MKV.
    Can you post small example? You can split your MKVs by MKVmerge.
    EDIT:
    Well, i newer seen such error mesage before on my HTPC.
    Did you try SAF?

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Forget about it, I solved my problem (with the SRT/UTF-8 error dialog) by enabling the DirectVobSub (Autoloading) filter in Movies->Postprocessing filters. I simply forgot to enable it back when I upgraded to RC3 :oops:

Ron

Patch for RC3 attached. This is for the official RC3 and not tested with any SVN release after that. This core.dll patch also fixes the issue described here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...nother-does-not-update-resume-position-46850/

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Patch for RC3 attached. This is for the official RC3 and not tested with any SVN release after that. This core.dll patch also fixes the issue described here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...nother-does-not-update-resume-position-46850/

I will try it tonight, thanks!

d3rang3d

Portal Member
    January 7, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    mp1

any word on a mp1 patch you would be my hero, because that error is sooo annoying or has anyone tried the rc4 patch to see if it still works thanks alot for your help! :p

stephen

PashCracken

Portal Member
    March 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I really hope there will be a patch for mp1 also if it didn't make it into the release. This patch saved the day for me with RC4 :)

I'm holding off on the upgrade to 1.0 until I know that there are a fix for this problem for that version also.

Keep up the great work :D

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Well, I can tell you that I get this error with 1.0 too, so there wasn't a fix for it in MediaPortal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom