Possible Bug With StreamedMP 1.73 And Myfilms 5.1 (1 Viewer)

MPnut

Portal Member
November 26, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Got what i think maybe a bug within StreamedMp. I discovered it when I recently compiled a Movie data base using ants cat to work in conjunction with myfilms.

The problem is that the movie comments dont show up whilst in my films, and sometimes neither do the description or actors details. However their are some movie entries that do display correctly but not too many.

Ive reverted back to the default wide skin and everything in catalogue displays correctly. Ive posted in my films and both Zeus and Guzzi have checked my db and confirmed this issue for which more detail can be found here. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ying-comments-description-some-movies-102977/

Would appreciate if you could take a look and see if theres maybe any soutution. Anyway would just like to say thanks in advance for your assistence and for making such a great skin.

:D

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm not aware of any issues...can you take a screenshot of what you see and also copy and paste the text that should go in there.

MPnut

Portal Member
    November 26, 2011
    Home Country
    I'm not aware of any issues...can you take a screenshot of what you see and also copy and paste the text that should go in there.

Hi,

Have posted some screen dumps below as you requested. Here you can see that the overview seems to be working fine and using the description field from ants cat but the decription and comments are not displaying. The actors field also display usually displays most of the time but also disappears too sometimes.

Could it be possible that its something to do with the length ie too many characters in the field? Will try shortening the data a little to see if that makes any difference.

ant cat sample.png

overview.jpg

description.jpg

actors.jpg

Attachments

• comments.jpg
      comments.jpg
      253.4 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    How weird, its not even using the correct font/size. It should look as you have it in the actors screenshot.

Please try shorter description, if that works I would say its definitely a bug in MediaPortal skin engine.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Another thing you can try is remove any special characters like right/left quotes and replace with straight ones. That also screws up mediaportal and is a known issue.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: Possible Bug With StreamedMP 1.73 And Myfilms 5.1

In MyFilmsDetail.xml it sometimes shows "nothing" on description, comment, actors details. I've got the impression it is either related to size of content - or problems with some special chars?
    Here an example for actor details:
    Works not:
    Code:
    Johnny Depp (Jack Sparrow), PenÚlope Cruz (Angelica Malon), Geoffrey Rush (Barbossa), Ian McShane (Blackbeard), Kevin McNally (Joshamee Gibbs), Sam Claflin (Philip), Astrid BergÞs-Frisbey (Syrena), Stephen Graham (Scrum), Keith Richards (Captain Teague), Richard Griffiths (King George), Greg Ellis (Groves), Damian O'Hare (Gillette), Ëscar Jaenada (The Spaniard), Anton Lesser (Lord John Carteret), Roger Allam (Prime Minister Henry Pelham), Judi Dench (Society Lady), Christopher Fairbank (Ezekiel), Paul Bazely (Salaman), Bronson Webb (Cook), Richard Thomson (Derrick), Yuki Matsuzaki (Garheng), Robbie Kay (Cabin Boy), Steve Evets (Purser), Ian Mercer (Quartermaster), Deobia Oparei (Gunner), Gemma Ward (Tamara ? First Mermaid), Sebastian Armesto (King Ferdinand VI), Juan Carlos Vellido (Spanish Sea Captain), Tristan Laurence Perez (Spanish Fisherman), Norberto Morßn (Spanish Castaway), Gerard Monaco (Spanish Officer), Tyrone Lopez (Spanish Soldier), Luke Roberts (Captain of the Guard), Daniel Ings (Wõchter), Emilia Jones (English Girl), Patrick Kennedy (English Father), Jody Halse (Jailor), Clifford Rose (Gerichtsvollzieher), Paul Hunter (Foreman), Jorgelina Guadalupe Airaldi (Mermaid), Sanya Hughes (Mermaid), Daphne Joy (Mermaid), Antoinette Nikprelaj (Mermaid), Derek Mears (Master At Arms), Danny Le Boyer (Yeoman), Kitt Barrie (Courtroom Wench), Steve Morphew (Courtroom Heckler), Alan J. Utley-Moore (Justice Smith), Brea Berrett (Mermaid), Toni Busker (Mermaid), Kristofer Dayne (Queen Anne's Pirate), Nichola Fynn (Flower Seller), Sean Francis George (Spanish Soldier), Matt Lasky (Queen Anne's Pirate), LeJon (Queen Anne's Pirate), Stephen Modell (Gefõngnisinsasse), David Pinkus (London Town Crier), Santi Scinelli (Spanish Officer), Richard Stephens (Spanish Lieutenant), Robert Stone (Paddy Wagon Gaoler), Sean Talo (Spanish Soldier), Chuck Williams (Queen Anne's Revenge Pirate), Taylor Young (Providence Sailor)
    Works:
    Code:
    Cuba Gooding Jr. (Lewis Hicks), Neal McDonough (Keech), Nicki Aycox (Polly), Austin Abrams (James), Yancey Arias (Detective Becker), Dane Rhodes (Detective Gordon), Danielle Nicolet (Gina Hicks), Adrianne Frost (Vicki Ihrling), Edrick Browne (Detective Maddox), Veronica Berry (Felicia Carson), Shanna Forrestall (Kayla Pierce), James DuMont (Detective Culley), Angelena Swords (Shelly), Monica Acosta (Kriminalbeamter), Teresa Alvarez (Kriminalbeamter), Erica Bardin (Mrs. Keetch), Sean Paul Braud (Polizeibeamter), Ross Britz (Rookie Cop), Gaven Tomas' Brooks (Boy on Playground), Thomas C. Daniel (Polizeibeamter), Michael Dardant (Magician), Raymond Philip Michael Diamond (Student), J.D. Evermore (Second Cop), Trey Fuller (Orphan), Tricia Gorman (Aunt Carol), Heather Harrison (Lehrer), David Jensen (Jax), Bliss Kelley (Jogger), Bill Rainey (Police Sketch Artist), Abby Rao (Student), Shauna Rappold (Mona), Arvilla Riddick (Stern Nun), John T. Wilson Jr. (Polizeibeamter), Lynette Zumo (Mourner), Ashley Hebert (Girl in Bar ), Brock Patrick Kaufman (Birthday party guest ), Christine Standfill (Dancer In Bar ), Peyton Whitcomb (Komparse )

MPnut

Portal Member
    November 26, 2011
    Home Country
    No, sorry my bad! You said you wanted me to paste what should be there so I copied and pasted comments from ants data base onto the images to show you what should be there. Currently there is no data showing on them images apart from the overview and actors.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Im pretty sure its the characters...you can test that with your example above by just replacing the chars instead of removing the names.

Basically there is nothing we can do about that until its fixed in MediaPortal. You can edit the data yourself and replace any special characters, thats about it.

MPnut

Portal Member
    November 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Im pretty sure its the characters...you can test that with your example above by just replacing the chars instead of removing the names.

Basically there is nothing we can do about that until its fixed in MediaPortal. You can edit the data yourself and replace any special characters, thats about it.

Ok will have a go at that but just for ref: I tried a few skins to try and see if the problem would present itself again. Avalon HD shows description everytime but not the actors and Default Wide and Black Glass show all fields with no probs.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Maybe its a missing character as well...but it really should not experience that kind of affect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom