possible info on freeze problem (2 Viewers)

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The cards are not needed for playback, but the TV service is. If there is a problem with the card, and this is crashing the TV service, this might be the cause of your problems.
    Do you mean 'crashing TVserver' in some sense that it still shows up as running in Task Manager? - because it does.

You might have set the card to initialise on resume,
    Just to be sure we're talking about the same thing, I set PowerScheduler, Advanced tab, to 'Reinitialize service on wakeup (also reinitializes tuner)'

Sorry I can't offer any solution at this point, but solving such problems takes time and the right developer!
    I will keep trying to isolate the problem better, and will post back if successful.

If anyone wants a different set of logs, with more or less data, I'll be happy to provide them.

I really hope there is a solution, or reasonable work around available, because this is the only thing preventing normal, every day use.

Thanks,
    Cal

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    I discovered something new, which puts a new light on this problem.
    After I click OK on a recoding, and the problem occurs, time stops incrementing in the 'Recorded TV' window. Also, the media stop button works to bring MP back to life in that window. Then if I click OK again on the same recording, I get the option to play from the beginning or resume from some time into the recording. After seeing this, I determined that 'Skip' forward also works while MP is apparently dead.

This looks like MP 'thinks' it's playing a recording, but does not switch to viewing that recording.

New logs attached.

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Here are the logs

Attachments

• MediaPortal.zip
      33.7 KB
    • streaming server.zip
      69.2 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I discovered something new, which puts a new light on this problem.
    After I click OK on a recoding, and the problem occurs, time stops incrementing in the 'Recorded TV' window. Also, the media stop button works to bring MP back to life in that window. Then if I click OK again on the same recording, I get the option to play from the beginning or resume from some time into the recording. After seeing this, I determined that 'Skip' forward also works while MP is apparently dead.

This looks like MP 'thinks' it's playing a recording, but does not switch to viewing that recording.

I have also seen this. I am trying to get useful logs, but one thing I do note is that if I reboot my TV server, it does not happen for a while. It only seems to happen here when the server has been running continuously for a week or two.

Hopefully we will get to the bottom of this.

Mark

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    I tried to produce the simplest log files related to the problem.
    1) neither MP no TVserver running
    2) delete all log files
    3) start MP
    4) click TV in the main MP (Blue3) window
    5) click Recorded TV in the Television window
    6) click one of the recoded titles in the Recorded TV window
    7) As soon as time stops incrementing, stop MP and TVserver using Task Manager
    8) Compress and attach logs

Would a similar procedure, when playback is working, be useful?

Please tell me if anything else would be of use.

Cal

Attachments

• streaming server.zip
      2.4 KB
    • vmr9.zip
      1.3 KB

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Here are similar logs when MP is working --

The TVserver logs, not working vs working, are similar.
    But the MP logs, not working vs working, show a very obvious difference.
    When not working, the TsReader log reaches the lines
    13-09-2010 07:34:11.171 [7e8]SetAudioStream : 0
    13-09-2010 07:34:11.171 [7e8]Old Audio 4, New Audio 4
    13-09-2010 07:34:11.171 [7e8]demux:Wait for Audio stream selection :0
    then nothing after that.

When working, that log continues on with what looks like audio and video frame info.

Attachments

• MPgood.zip
      2.8 KB
    • TVgood.zip
      2.4 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

This is really useful testing. I'll try to get someone to look at this as soon as possible.

Best wishes,

Mark

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    So no helpful information, huh? Somebody should really understand this kind of problem for MP to be successful.

In the meantime, I scheduled a 5:00 am reboot every day. Seems to be keeping the problem at bay -- for now.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    So no helpful information, huh? Somebody should really understand this kind of problem for MP to be successful.

In the meantime, I scheduled a 5:00 am reboot every day. Seems to be keeping the problem at bay -- for now.

Take it easy. The team are working flat out to fix problems. Don't take it personally that they have not yet fixed yours. Your log files are helpful. You have given a good report which should allow someone to solve the problem, just as soon as they have free time.

Please bear in mind that the MP developers have day jobs and families. MP is done in spare time!

Regards,

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom