Possible problems between plugins and skins (1 Viewer)

AdHu86

Portal Pro
January 14, 2022
Berlin
Home Country
England England
I'm glad there's no such thing in MP1. I think it's a useless thing in a home theater.
Obviously you have no kids, otherwise you would not make such comments.

It's the same here. MP1 knows everything about installed or not installed plugins.
Then it’s even more sad the skins do not use the knowledge. I gave several examples and I can fill a page with fundamental inconsistencies just from my memory. The few month in this forum were also enough to see you see MP2 as an enemy regardless of any rational sense. I’m out of this discussion:)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Obviously you have no kids, otherwise you would not make such comments.
    You are wrong, I have had kids and I have been with MP for a very long time, and I have always had 2 to 4 MP1's online.
    The few month in this forum were also enough to see you see MP2 as an enemy regardless of any rational sense. I’m out of this discussion
    I don't view it as an enemy, I've tried switching to it. And realized that this is an attempt to imitate Kodi, I do not like this approach, so I choose MP1. But if I have to give up MP1 I'll choose Kodi because it's more flexible than MP2, more stable, easier to deploy and maintain, more stable etc. MP2 has chosen the wrong path for me. But it's different for everyone. And the fact that we are not on the way with MP2, it's my choice, I do not change anyone's mind, but I have the right to express my opinion.

PS: I have been using MP1 since 2007, in 2008 I had 2 HTPCs with MP1, now I have 4 HTPCs with MP1 and 2 with Kodi, and it all works with a single media base, I also had a year of MP2 installed, and based on that experience I have my opinion.

AdHu86

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2022
    Berlin
    Home Country
    England England
    I believe you are wrong with that statement ;)
    Skins know exactly which plugins are installed and even handle their status if they are installed, but not activated.
    So said I cannot agree wjth your obviously wrong information ;)
    All your your statements are wrong. I reinstalled MP1 and just one screenshot is enough to say more than words. Now you probably say „but this was not my skin“ Did I ever say that? I just read „it’s not true, MP1 can do“ Obviously not and other skins had other drastic issues. The main problem is, you do no even try to understand the feedback. It’s just blocked to protect your product. @Anthony Vaughan tried at least to read it carefully and expressing his view with arguments. But now I’m really out, I’ll not respond in this forum any more and quickly uninstall MP1 :):censored:

B1CA0ABE-CBC5-4037-94A4-1CFE7EB373A0.jpeg

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @AdHu86 This skin has an editor, and just comes with a preset setting so the user is not scared. I.e., the display configuration depends only on the user, not on the installed plugins.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Furthermore MP in general (MP! or MP2) is for use of a HTPC connected to a TV, so a aspect ratio other than 16:9 does not make sense.
    Viewing on a PC Widescreen monitor other than 16:9 will ofc result in wrong display ;)
    The main problem is, you do no even try to understand the feedback. It’s just blocked to protect your product.
    Well, we understand your feedback, and there is and never was an intention to protect our product, it´s just we are working for MP1 and its users - but it should be possible to clarify wrong information ;)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Furthermore MP in general (MP! or MP2) is for use of a HTPC connected to a TV, so a aspect ratio other than 16:9 does not make sense.
    Viewing on a PC Widescreen monitor other than 16:9 will ofc result in wrong display ;)
    I've a 21:9 TV from philips in one room and there are several models with this aspect in the market. 21:9 is an offical TV specification, it is not only for PC displays anymore ;)
    That's also why I implemented support for all aspect ratios and resolutions to MP2, several users asked for it.
    For other points I'll make no comments to avoid the neverending discussion if MP1 or MP2 has the longer one :D

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @AdHu86 This skin has an editor, and just comes with a preset setting so the user is not scared. I.e., the display configuration depends only on the user, not on the installed plugins.
    Probably would be better then, if the skin provides a dialog "Please install the plugin or remove the menu item in the editor".

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Probably would be better then, if the skin provides a dialog "Please install the plugin or remove the menu item in the editor".
    Why should we ?
    When Editor clearly indicate what plugin can be used or not ?
    For translation, (indisponible) means (not available).

zz1.png

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    I've a 21:9 TV from philips in one room and there are several models with this aspect in the market. 21:9 is an offical TV specification, it is not only for PC displays anymore ;)
    That's also why I implemented support for all aspect ratios and resolutions to MP2, several users asked for it.
    Even if it's great to add 21/9, for the moment, the standard most often used is 16/9
    For other points I'll make no comments to avoid the neverending discussion if MP1 or MP2 has the longer one :D
    Yes please otherwise, you could have a lot of disappointment.... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom