[solved] Possible (TsReader?) regression in 1.16 (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    He has and it did:

I was was wondering where the quote was from until I found it on another thread :confused: :)(I usually don't look at threads unless there a problem/something of interest being flagged up in the title, or it's an on-going investigation).

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you already run a test with MP2.1 to check if the freezes are gone?
    No, I didn't. Reason is that the problem has all of a sudden disappeared. Since I no longer have a baseline to test against, I can't ad menaingful information at this time.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    @Threarah (and anyone else who feels like trying it) - can you try the attached new version of TsReader (v4.2.2.36) with both recordings and live TV and post some logs please?

(I've tested it with the recording you provided - and it works OK - but I don't get the same (undesirable) behaviour on my system as you do, based on the information in your logs when playing the same file, so hopefully this version will behave better).

Attachments

• TsReader_4.2.2.36.zip
      318.3 KB

Threarah

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Didn't have any problems with 4.2.2.36 when testing just then. Gave it a good couple dozen seeks without issue. Reverted back to the one shipped with 1.16 and it froze on the second seek. So its looking good so far.

I've noticed another issue that may or may not be related to the A/V delay/weirdness on that channel - seeking forward to the live point in an active recording makes playback stop - though I'd need to do some more testing to confirm under what circumstances it occurs, and even if it's specific to that channel. I'll start a new thread if/when I've got enough info/logs etc. for you to go on.

*edit* Have attached logs of seeking using 4.2.2.36 in both a recording and live TV as requested.

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I've noticed another issue that may or may not be related to the A/V delay/weirdness on that channel - seeking forward to the live point in an active recording makes playback stop - though I'd need to do some more testing to confirm under what circumstances it occurs, and even if it's specific to that channel. I'll start a new thread if/when I've got enough info/logs etc. for you to go on.

Is this single-seat or client-server?

Are you using skip-steps or fast-forward?

TsReader does try to avoid that situation (basically by not allowing seeking to positions very close to the end of the file).

Threarah

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I literally just posted a new thread about that a minute ago :p

It only happens on a single seat setup - doesn't happen over the LAN. And its seeking with skip-steps.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    *edit* Have attached logs of seeking using 4.2.2.36 in both a recording and live TV as requested.

These are client-server using RTSP, the logs in the first post in the the thread (where I noticed the issue I've hopefully fixed) were single-seat - can you repeat the test/logs for the single-seat system please?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Ignore previous post - the single-seat logs you've just posted in the other thread show the issue is still there (basically TsReader seems to buffer far more more data on your system than mine, and I can't see why at the moment).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom