[solved] Possible (TsReader?) regression in 1.16 (1 Viewer)

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry for delay in responding. Have had some personal matters requiring my attention.
    I have included two sets of MP logs (using the 'report bug to MP' from the Watchdog. If this is not appropriate, let me know).
    Both sets of logs are using the same PrimeTV recorded programme. The original utilises about 3 minute jumps -as well as i minute jumps- in conjunction the FF/play buttons to resync.
    The Dev logs uses the same timeskips, without the FF resyncing, as this was not necessary. Hope they assist.
    I will be away from home for a couple of days, so any further requests will be after that time.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Owlsroost inside MP2 TV player I have a "SeekToEnd" method: MediaPortal-2/LiveTvPlayer.cs at ffe1d6090fa28fcae9c2cc61415e23be02fc5670 · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2 · GitHub.
    It only invokes new seek command to end of stream, if it is at least some interval behind (here configured to 50ms). This was done to avoid "end of stream" interruptions during playback.

Do I understand your changes correctly, that you fixed this behavior on TsReader side now? So I might be able to remove this condition in MP2 code.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    TsReader will not seek to closer than 3 seconds from the end of a recording file (to try and avoid triggering EOF conditions/messages). Timeshifting is always treated as endless, so EOF is never triggered (internal EOF conditions are ignored).

The branch that TsReader v4.2.2.37 is built from is: GitHub - MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1 at EXP-MP1-TsReader_cleanup

Note this branch also has changes to StreamServer.dll to fix a 'files not closed' bug (fix already included in MP 1.17) and a few other experimental changes.

As you might guess from the branch name, I've also cleaned-up the TsReader codebase to get rid of as many of the build warning messages as I can (a long overdue cleanup!).

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can report the latest TsReader works pretty good. never noticed any crashes from the previous dev version, but I wasn't using it enough -maybe- for it to show.
    The following is definitely NOT a cricitism: just an observation. After seeking forward on NZ PrimeTV, in LiveTV, the picture will have a very slight lag & breakup, before resuming in sync with the audio. With recorded TV playback, the same seeking results in no breakup, just some slow-motion video (about 1.5 seconds) before normal syncing.

Very happy with the results(y)(y)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom