PowerDVD 10 cannot playback DVD's stored on the harddrive (1 Viewer)

dither

Portal Member
March 29, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It only took them 9 weeks to sort it out this time. They're improving.
Why oh why is it so hard to KEEP what works, and simply ADD new things?
sigh

jfragale

July 15, 2010
Still a problem for me!

I'm now running PowerDVD Ultra Mark II, patch 1830 (July 6, 2010), but I still have the same problem: I'm not able to pass the Video_TS path as a launch parameter. So PowerDVD still defaults to the physical DVD drive and complains that there's no disc in drive.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Joe

jedney

Portal Member
October 30, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Did you try passing the name of the VIDEO_TS.IFO file in instead of just the path? I've not tried patching since 1705 so maybe the problem is back in 1830.

jfragale

July 15, 2010
Unfortunately yes, I did try to explicitly add "[PATH]\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO" with no luck. I sent a message to CyberlinkUSA at the AVSForum who promised to follow-up with Cyberlink engineers. Thanks for the reply.

This is SO frustrating. Joe.

jfragale

July 15, 2010
Unfortunately yes, I did try to explicitly add "[PATH]\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO" with no luck. I sent a message to CyberlinkUSA at the AVSForum who promised to follow-up with Cyberlink engineers. Thanks for the reply.

This is SO frustrating. Joe.
Mystery solved!

Someone on The Green Button Forum pointed out to me that the path statement should have been just "[PATH]\VIDEO_TS.IFO" and now it works. I wish, however, that there were a way for PowerDVD to play DVD folder structures withing WMC rather than as an external player, becuase now I have a problem with the WMC remote where if I press any buttons while PowerDVD is playing, WMC comes to the foreground and PowerDVD stops.

Another problem to chase. Joe

pleshy

August 20, 2010
How do you point a path anyway? I don't get it, please explain. Is there any way to play a DVD/BR that's on your hard drive using PowerDVD? And I don't mean creating an ISO and then mounting it with DT.

jfragale

July 15, 2010
How do you point a path anyway? I don't get it, please explain. Is there any way to play a DVD/BR that's on your hard drive using PowerDVD? And I don't mean creating an ISO and then mounting it with DT.
If you re-create the VIDEO_TS folder structure from the DVD disc to your Hard Drive , then PowerDVD (or other software DVD players), will treat the folder structure as if it were the physical DVD disc. With PowerDVD 10, either you simply launch the application, then you switch to the "Video" tab and navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder on the hard drive, press play and enjoy. Or, if you're using something like MediaPortal or other front-end, you would have to specify PowerDVD as the external player and the front-end application will need to be able to pass the path to the hard drive folder as a parameter, so that PowerDVD will simply start playing the movie without. The 2nd scenario is what this thread is mostly about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom